Chapter 20

''Heyyyy, morning Athena! how are you today?'' Nancy comes chirping into my office on Friday morning. 

It's been two days now since my 'breakup' with Leo. He hasn't even called or texted me and of course I haven't either, I'm too proud to do that. So I did what every broken-hearted person would do.I decided to bury myself in my work, ignoring everything and everyone, including Theo and currently Nancy.

''Morning,'' I reply, not looking up from the stack of papers I was going through.

''I have been observing you since yesterday Athena, what's wrong, you seem.... off,'' she says, worry laced in her voice.

''I'm okay, okay? just stressed out a bit, do you mind? I'd really like to be alone right now!'' I tell her, trying not to sound rude.

''Umm...yeah sure okay. Just to let you know, I'll make sure I've wrapped up all my work by noon since I'm leaving for my parents' home.''

''Yeah......okay,'' I wave my hand signaling her to leave and that this conversation is over.

I have been checking my phone constantly for the last 24 hours, apart from Charles sending me memes, my phone's pretty dry. I sigh heavily and place my head in my hands, my mind automatically replaying the scene at the park.

After Leo left me alone on the bench, I sat there for at least two hours, crying my heart out. Never ever have I been through a break up before, never ever have I had my heart broken. So this is what it feels like. I felt like hiding in a corner and never leaving it. If it hadn't been for my wolf, I would have actually done that.

The mere thought of that day brings tears to my eyes and I quickly wipe them away before anyone sees me. I get up from my seat and walk to the large windows, looking out at the city, anger rushes through me. 

I hear a crack followed by the smell of blood.

I look down and notice blood dripping from my hand onto the floor. I open my fist to find the broken pieces of glass sticking out of my palm. I had unknowingly crashed a paper weight that I grabbed from the table.

''Great, just another mess added to my already messed up life,'' I throw my free hand up in the air and grab a paper towel. I wrap it around my injured hand and quickly walk out of my cabin making a beeline to the private bathrooms.

I quickly put my hand under the sink to wash out the blood and start picking out the shards of glass from my palm.

I hiss in pain upon every shard that I pull out when a sudden feeling of calmness washes over me, I feel relaxed my anger starts fading away, ''What in the world....''

I wash my hand one last time and look down at it. Some of the wounds have started closing up. Got to love that fast healing process.

I leave the washroom, feeling a lot better than I did a few hours ago. I still don't understand why I'm feeling that way but i guess I was about find out to when I saw Theo outside my cabin. His eyes scanning for something or rather, someone. 

In this case, the someone being me.

I hide behind the nearest wall and watch him. He looked genuinely worried. I tuned in on his heartbeat which was beating erratically. Oh goddess! Why did he have to come? i'm so not in the mood.

''I know you're inside here Athena, I can sense you,'' he says, knowing fully well that I could hear him.

''You're hurt,'' he says and I frown in confusion. What kind of stalker shit is this?!

''I.... ummm.... I felt your pain through the...ahem...mate bond. Look just please, please let me see that you're okay and I'll leave, you don't even have to talk to me. Please Athena,'' he pleads.