Chapter 14

-Athena-

It's Friday today and I don't think I've seen Nancy this happy before. ''Do you know where he is taking you? what are you going to wear? What will you eat? Please don't order a burger or shawarma. Not ideal food for a first date, speaking from experience here.''

I listen to her rambling and roll my eyes at her. ''Are you for real, what are we, teenagers? Who goes to a burger joint on their first date?''

''Heyy, there are people who do that okay. Not everyone can afford to go to 5 star restaurants like you guys.''

''Okay, okay yeah you're right. Anyway, I don't know what he has planned but I'm guessing it will be good,'' I reply with a smile.

''Ooooooo look at you, all smiley smiley and blushing. Ahhhh I'm so excited for you. I need all the deets tomorrow,'' she squeals.

''I'm not telling you anything Nancy. And by the way aren't you supposed to be somewhere?'' I quirk an eyebrow at her and look at my watch.

''Umm what?'' she asks and stares at me blankly. I raise my eyebrows again at her inquisitively. 

''Ohhh shit! Yes.... yes.... I'll umm...I'll make myself scarce,'' she says and walks out of my cabin.

''I need those papers before I leave for the day!'' I call back and she gives me a thumbs up.

I continue with my work for about an hour. Next week will be busy since this time we are going to be doing a photo-shoot instead of the fashion show to showcase the clothes. We need to start finalizing on the models, venue, backdrops and a lot more.

The samples for the new line will be coming in on Monday so that we can try them on and check for any altercations. As I go through my laptop I hear a commotion outside and see someone trying to fight off the security.

''Let me in! before I rip your heads off.... I want to see Athena!''

I get up and walk towards the little group that had now gathered around the front door. No one saw me walking towards them, as all their attention was on the scene in front of them.

''Everyone get back to work. Now!!'' I order. The look on their faces almost had me bursting out in laughter. Almost, but I had to keep on a straight face. The security guards immediately let go and started walking back to their positions.

''Not you two!! You idiots, you're actually doing your jobs! Seriously Athena, this is your security??'' Charles shouts, pointing to the two guards.

The guards come back and they each take a hold of Charles' arms. I purse my lips to stop myself from laughing at the situation.

''It's okay, I know him. You guys can go now,'' I tell them and they both let go of him.

''Thanks but I would have taken them out you know,'' Charles says as he adjusts his collar.

''Ohh I know, but you didn't. So to them and everyone else here, you just a man who was stopped by security and made empty threats,'' I reply with a smirk.

''Yeah yeah...whatever, I can kill 10 of them in my sleep,'' he mutters and I shake my head. ''Cool it with the ego Morgan.''

I walk in my office and he follows me in, ''why are you here in the first place? Last I checked you were mad at me and quite literally slammed the door on my face.''

''Payback's a bitch, ain't it?'' he replies and looks at me pointedly. ''Yeah, whatever, but you haven't answered me.''

''Well I was actually looking into the building right opposite yours,'' he says and points to the 25 storey building right across the street.