Chapter 30

-Athena-

It's been roughly three days now since I moved into the penthouse with Theo, Charles and four new bodyguards; two males and two females, who also happen to be Theo's pack warriors. I was most certainly not pleased to meet them when they arrived a few days ago, but I'd rather have them than Theo tailing me day and night.

As I button up my indigo colored suit, my mind keeps on coming up with different ways in which I can escape my security detail. If not all four of them, then at least two of them are at my constant back and call. I cannot even enter an elevator first before either one of them goes in to inspect it.

I put on my matching heels, grab my bag and files and walk out. I notice Charles and Theo seated at the dining table having their breakfast. 

''Good morning Athena,'' Charles chirps as he gulps down his orange juice.

''Morning,'' I reply stoically and grab an apple from the fruit bowl.

''Still pissed off about the security love?'' Theo raises an eyebrow at me as he looks up from his phone.

''You certainly don't see me dancing around, do you?''

''Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine Athena. Can't you be nice?'' Charles asks me.

''I can, but I won't. Especially since I don't have my privacy anymore. I'm tailed by....by...your pack warriors everywhere I go. Literally everywhere.'' I put emphasis on the word.

''Seriously?'' Charles laughs. ''Everywhere?'' 

''Everywhere, Charles. I'm not even joking,'' I sigh.

''That's their job love. And by the way, it's not my pack warriors. It's our pack warriors. You're their alpha too. Besides, I did give you another option. I could let them go, but that means you'll get me,'' he smirks deviously.

Oh, how I wish to wipe that annoying smirk from his face, I think to myself as I glare at him in anger. ''Ughhhhh!!'' I stomp my foot in frustration and walk out of the door.

''Wow, you really wound her up man. I mean, I know I told you to up your game but this-this is top notch brother,'' I hear Charles tell Theo as he high fives him.

''I heard that!!!'' I shout from the hallway.

''I know! You were supposed to!'' Charles replies from inside.

I grit my teeth in annoyance and press the elevator button. After a few minutes it dings open, only to reveal the smiling faces of two of the warriors, Eleanor and Hudson.

 ''Good morning Alpha,'' they both greet me as I walk inside the elevator.

''Morning.''

''We have checked and re-checked your route today alpha. Everything is clear. There is no sign of danger,'' Eleanor tells me.

''Umm, thank you. Although it is really not necessary you guys. Is there any way you can like, you know, not follow me everywhere? I won't tell him, I promise.''

''I'm sorry, but Alpha Theo has ordered us not to let you out of our sight no matter what the circumstances,'' Hudson replies with his head bowed low.

''Ughh, great,'' I groan and bang my head on the elevator door. Just at that moment, it slides open making me lose my momentum. I'm about to hit the ground when two pairs of arms grab me by the shoulders.

''Alpha, are you okay?'' Eleanor asks, inspecting me for any signs of injuries.

''I'm okay, I'm okay. Just didn't expect the door to open. That's it,'' I reply and fix my suit.