ii. his little phoenix

Start from the beginning

Molly whispered to Arthur. "I think all of you should go out for a while." Arthur nodded before ushering everybody out, and Remus came running in with the Dittany in hand.

"Thank you, Remus," said Molly as she started dropping the essence on the open cuts around Deanna's body.

"Let me help," said Remus, and he too started healing the countless cuts on her body. They all focused on fixing Deanna up, none speaking with each other, the only sounds breaking the silence were the songlike incantations from their mouths.

When the bruises and cuts were gone from her body, Molly checked her again. "She's fine for now. She still has a fever so she'll need a Fever-Reducing potion. Tonks, can you please get one?" Tonks nodded and went out with Remus following after her. "I think she's exhausted so we better let her rest for now."

Dumbledore nodded and smiled at her. "Thank you, Molly. I couldn't lose my little girl. Not again." He turned back to Deanna, took her hand and kissed it.

"Who is she, Albus?" A rough voice said from the door.

Dumbledore turned around and saw that Tonks, Remus, Sirius, Alastor and Arthur had entered once more, and Tonks gave the potion to Molly. "Here you go, Molly. Kingsley was called in by Fudge so he had to leave."

"Thank you, Tonks," said Molly before opening Deanna's mouth slightly and pouring in a few drops. "And that will be fine. Let's let her rest for now. Come on, Albus."

With one last kiss to Deanna's hand, Dumbledore stood up and walked to the dining table, sitting with all of them.

"Who is she, Dumbledore?" Sirius asked the question they had all been wondering about.

"She is my daughter, Sirius. She is Deanna Ariana Dumbledore, who was thought to have been dead... until now."

They all looked at each other with wide eyes.

"D-Dead?" Remus repeated with disbelief. "But what happened?"

"I don't know, Remus," said Dumbledore in a sad tone. "Only Deanna knows, and we'll have to wait for answers."

There was silence, everyone mulling over his words. Tonks started speaking. "Professor, how did-"

"How did she come to be, Tonks?" said Dumbledore with a hint of reminiscence in his tone. "It was just one night with a friend of mine and after nine months of fights and making peace, Deanna was born. And I was happy. I never regretted that night."

The silence this time was due to surprise. They never knew that the Headmaster had stories like that underneath all the glory and power he had. He had always been so strong that none of them thought that he was holding pain in just like the rest of them.

"Dumbledore, where is that friend of yours? Deanna's mother?" Arthur asked.

Dumbledore sighed heavily. "She died. She was killed by Grindelwald just when Deanna was a baby."

"When was she born, Albus?" Moody asked, his magical eye fixed on the sleeping girl.

"November 11... 1928."