Morning in the Rockies

LENA POV

As I struggle to open my eyes, I realize that my mind is fuzzy, my head is pounding, and my eyes are burning, and it all comes back to me that Stef and I had shared an entire bottle of wine last night. In fact, we may have had even more than that as I remember drinking shots of whiskey and smoking a ton of cigarettes. I can't seem to think too clearly for anything as I'm still very much toasted and have one hell of a headache. God this is a hangover for sure.

When was the last time I had partied like that? Maybe next to never, but I don't regret it. Not one single bit as I'm in my bra and panties wondering what the heck happened to my shirt as my arms are wrapped tightly around Stef and my face is buried in her lavender scent blonde hair. Our bare legs are tangled together, and as I slowly wake up, bits and pieces come back to me, for what the hell happened last night? My throat feels like fire, and my mouth is dry and tastes like ashtray. What the actual hell was I thinking? Did we screw? Oh my god! DId we kiss? What.....why am I half naked? What happened?

It's a struggle, but I slowly untangle myself from her as I roll onto my back feeling my head pound and throb like crazy. Rubbing my eyes I look over at Stef, her blonde hair now splayed across her pillow as she is hugging onto another one. She is only in her tank and undies as I don't remember falling asleep like this. At all. And evidence of how much we drank is apparent as I see three bottles of wine and one bottle of whiskey along with an astray filled with smokes. I also see our clothing thrown on the floor as I have no idea what in the hell we did, or didn't do. Did we have sex? No. No.

What I did know is we had stayed up pretty late talking, nonstop, about what I didn't know, and had probably only fallen asleep most likely a few hours ago. God why did I do that? I think to myself as I sit up slightly on my elbows, and as I glance to the clock on my nightstand I see that it's past ten in the morning even if it feels dark and gray outside. Where is the sun and why is the room spinning. Oh my god!

Quietly I move out of the bed and tiptoe over to the window to see that the snow had not let up at all, and I groan and kick myself again for not stopping at the grocery store before coming up here. I should have known better, but living in Seattle, the most I deal with is the non-stop gray and rain which wasn't really one of the perks of living there. Mountain life wasn't on the list of places I've lived in my lifetime; so, this is new for me. Regardless I still should have known better for the I saw the snow falling as soon as I landed in Denver yesterday.

"Good morning," I hear Stef's groggy voice as I turn to look over at her. She couldn't be more beautiful as I feel my cheeks heat up once more and remember I'm only in my bra and undies. Quickly I look around for my missing teeshirt as I feel my hair is also a hot wild mess. What also doesn't help is I sort of have a foggy memory of kissing her last night? Did I?

I'm unsure if she remembers or not, but now I certainly do. How could I forget how I felt? Even if I was pretty drunk. My nervousness is what had started our drinking to begin with, and I'm tempted to open another bottle of wine and call it a day considering it feels as if our day is shot anyway since this damned snowstorm is still going on.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry, Stef," I say rather quickly as I run my hand over my now wild hair, and spot the shirt on the leather chair in front of our bed awkwardly putting it on as I run my hands thought my wild hair, for I needed a hair tie. How did my hair even come out of it? My head is pounding still so badly, but I don't care. My crazy looking state and how I smell like smoke is not lost on me as I wonder how Stef can stand to smoke.

"No, you didn't. What's wrong?" I can hear her sit up as I am now on the floor scouring for my hair band.  I'm more embarrassed than anything, and I'm unsure as to why. What if she thought I was coming on to her last night? I would never take advantage of her. I just wouldn't as tears now make my eyes burn even more, and looking for the hair band is futile at this point as I see nothing but my hands running over the wooden flooring.