The Cabin

LENA POV

As I finally arrive at the beautiful cabin a little past 8 PM, I am definitely feeling a little fried now, between a cab driver who wouldn't stop talking the entire one hour drive from the airport telling me his entire life story and all around my flight. I mean, any other time I would not have minded but I think mixed with my anxiety of seeing Stef tonight, the snow starting to fall harder and it being dark, I was possibly a little on edge.

The trip had been somewhat long and had cost me a pretty penny. Actually this entire vacation was costing me quite a bit between the airfare and cab ride, but I am okay with it considering I had not seen any of my base friends in years, besides Julius, Ryan, Tess and Jerry. The rest...I missed quite a bit.

But I am relieved to have made it, and as I step out and the driver hands me my bag I can also see why Gary and Marty decided to purchase this place. It really is rather charming and exquisite just from the outside standpoint with it's rustic feel, wrap around pouch, cozy appeal and not to mention the view. Despite it being dark, it was lit enough that I could make out a good amount of the land and I really couldn't wait to get inside and check the rest of it out as I tip the driver and head up the little snowy path.

As I place my bag down and brush my feet off on the door mat, I happily retrieve the tiny black bag from underneath it that has the key to cabin in it. I am grateful it is right where Gary said it would be for it would have been a nightmare looking blindly in this snow for it as I stand to my feet and look around. This did feel good, it really did, and I can't wait to see what this trip would bring for I was already starting to feel excited especially knowing Stef and I would have the place to ourselves for at least five days.

Unlocking the cabin door, I open it soon realizing how dark not to mention how cold it is in here as I drag my bag inside and shut he door. Feeling for the light switch as Gary told me it was to the right of the door, I am thankful when I flip the switch as I am now able to see that this place is just as amazing on the inside as I walk in further and see a stoned walled fireplace with a nice sheepskin rug in front of it. The living room is just as cozy as I imaged as there is a giant green leather couch that is adorned with a Sherpa plaid blanket, an array of large decorative holiday pillows, three armchairs, a large rustic coffee table with books, a stack of board games and a tray for your drinks.

Artwork lines the walls as this place screams Gary and Marty as a small writing desk sits right in front of the large back window that overlooks the beautiful Rocky Mountains. It is rather dark outside, something I still can't get over ,and I'll be happy when Stef arrives since I really am in the middle of nowhere. But I figure it is safe as my eyes continue to scan this lovely home and I notice the bar cart Gary mentioned loaded with any kind of alcohol you could want beside the tall oak bookcase and TV centered on the opposite wall. I knew my two friends were intellectualists, and I could spend almost half of my life reading every book they owned on any subject and still not be done for I knew this wasn't even half the books they owned.

I shake my head in delight and I'm eager to see the rest of this beautiful home that I know consisted of three bedrooms on this floor alone and two giant bathrooms one with a Jacuzzi. There was also a Jacuzzi in the backyard, but to me it is too damn cold to use that one even though I know how crazy Julius is and would damn sure make use of it. Stef and I, probably not, for I knew she wasn't a big fan of being too cold either, from what I remember.

Knowing I need to warm it up a bit in time for Stef since it is now quickly approaching 8:30, I also need to check if there is any kind of food I could cook for us. Gary did mention there were some canned goods in the pantry and plenty of coffee, but he said I most likely would need to grocery shop before they arrived. That was fine considering I knew Stef was driving, and we would have access to a car. But with how this snow is currently falling outside tonight it isn't looking all to great in terms of navigating these roads in the morning, even now, and I can only hope she is okay.