Heated Debate

STEF POV

I'm relieved that dinner wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, for Tess and Julius had managed to flat out ignore me along with Lena as well. Hell, I know that it bothers her more than anything, for these are her friends and they were her friends way before I entered her life on base, especially Tess. But, even if I am a rather confrontational person and didn't back down from a fight much like my brother Frank Jr,  right now I don't feel like arguing or causing a scene even if it bothers me to no end, not for my sake but hers.

Gary and Marty  shoo us out of the dining room as they say they will clean up the dishes, and I offer to make everyone drinks in the giant living room as I see Lena and Ryan throwing logs on the fire in the giant fireplace. She turns to look at me and I can't help but smile and I also can't help but think of what Ryan told me earlier. How did he know? Or did I have I'm gay written on my forehead? Whatever it was, it was hard not to have it make me a tad nervous even if I know Ryan wouldn't say a word.

"What would you like to drink?" I ask Tess sweetly as Jerry had gone to shower, and she laughs softly as she waves her hand.

"I don't know. Surprise me."

"Well, do you like mixed drinks? Wine? Or straight up alcohol on the rocks?" I look right at her as I see that she seems flustered. For whatever reason, she is now a bit nervous which makes no sense. Maybe Jerry talked to her earlier before dinner? Who knew but what I did know was she was something else and always had been and NOT in a good way.

"I'll take a martini, straight," she finally answers as she tucks her feet under her as she scoots to the end of the couch.

"I'll take a vodka and cranberry," Lena smiles as she walks up beside me, and I look at her raising my eyebrow.

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely. I've had wine the last few days. Maybe I want to try something else," She smiles softly at me as Jerry enters the room again, and I see Tess pat the couch beside her as he sits.

"What would you like, Jerry?"

"I'll take some bourbon, but I can pour it. I don't mind, Stef."

"No, no, no! I offered to make everyone's drinks. It's no biggie," I smile at the man who grins as Gary and Marty join us in front of the fire.

"Julius can I make something for you as well?" I ask him as he shrugs his shoulders not looking at me.

"So you're an expert at bartending too? What CANT you do?" He rolls his eyes as I see Ryan smack his leg and hear Lena let out a heavy sigh.

"I'm gonna pound him." She whispers to me as I shake my head and laugh.

"Well one thing I can't seem to do is make YOU happy. Perhaps you would feel better if I just left? MM? Or maybe it's not as fun trash talking me if I'm not around?" I say as the room grows silent and Julius looks away from me. For once he had shut the fuck up as I shake my head continuing to make everyone's drinks as I hand Lena hers.

"Now go slow on that. Understood?" I whisper as she laughs.

"Yessss. I'll save a seat for you."

"Ok." I smile watching her walk off but trying my best not to stare too much.

"So Tess can I help you practice your lines again?" I hear Ryan ask as I finish up her drink.

"Oh sure! I think I have it down this time. I was fumbling all over the place and that's just embarrassing." She says as I glance at Lena who rolls her eyes.

"I'm sure you'll be fine, babe. You are good at this role. That's why I picked you!" Jerry smiles as he pats her leg and she laughs softly as she shakes her head.