Christmas Love

STEF POV

I swat Lena's ass as she walks ahead of me down the steps as we had realized that it was now way past 11 in the morning. Of course, we had been up most of the night before falling asleep, and then we got caught up in each other all over again after Lena had given me the key to her apartment.

"Stef!" She giggles as she stops at the bottom of the stairs and turns to look at me.

"What? You're hot as fuck," I whisper as I brush the side of her face before we calm ourselves and make our way to the kitchen.

"GOOOOOOOD MORNINGGGGGGGG, sleepy heads!" Gary squeals as it appears he and Marty have just woken up as well, for they were making up a plate of food.

"Merry Christmas!" I smile as he runs over to me and hugs me, and Marty hugs Lena.

"Here, I thought we were the only ones who overslept," Lena giggles as we make our way to grab some food.

"Nope! We didn't set a single alarm, and damn, it felt good to sleep in! Thanks for breakfast, guys!" Marty looks at Ryan and Julius who are sitting at the table along with Tess and Jerry.

"These muffins are HUGE!" Lena smiles as she grabs a blueberry muffin.

"There's eggs and fruit, too, chica!" Julius calls out as Lena looks at him and smiles.

"You've outdone yourselves! I can cook Christmas dinner, if you want."

"Oh, pish posh! Steffy and I have already agreed to do it," Julius waves his hand as Lena looks at me and smiles, and I wink at her.

"Well, okay, but I would have gotten up sooner, but I was up late reading," Lena walks over to the table with her plate of food and I join her with my mug of coffee.

"Ohhhhh, what were you reading?" Julius inquires as I light a smoke and look over at Lena as I see her cheeks growing red.

"Oh, ummm, just this book for...this class I'm going to take when I get back to Seattle," she lies as she cuts her muffin in half before buttering it.

"You're still taking classes? I didn't know that," Tess asks now as I sit back and look at her.

"Oh, ummm, ya. I think it's important to always keep learning," Lena laughs nervously as I lick my lips and continue smoking. As I take a puff my eyes glance to Tess who is staring at Lena hard and rather oddly, more oddly then usual as Julius snickers.

"What's the class?" Tess asks.

"Gee, what is this, the third degree?" Lena laughs as I can see something weird is going on and I'm not fully sure what it is just yet.

"Sorry, I'm trying to inquire about my friend, Lena. Shoot me."

I sip my coffee now as I had finished my smoke and I glance over at Lena who appears more annoyed than ever as she shakes her head.

"Well, it just seems like you're digging, that's all," she says as she finally looks right at Tess who frowns.

"Digging? Since when is trying to carry on a conversation with my friend, digging? Maybe you didn't get enough rest last night?"

"It's your tone, Tess," I finally butt in as she looks right at me, narrowing her eyes, and I don't look away.

"Forgive me," she puts her hands up and mutters as she seems put off, and I wonder what the hell is going on as I see Julius clearly snickering behind his hand making me even more confused.

"Something funny, Julius?" I now direct at him as he straightens up and gulps his orange juice.

"No! No, honey, I was just remembering that I need to make a fruit cake for Ryan, and I'm laughing because well, I forgot half the ingredients when we went grocery shopping the other day."