FORTYFIVE

Time went by and soon the company of Shell Cottage shrunk. First, Ollivander, Dean and Luna went to live at Muriel's and then Harry, Ron and Hermione went off along with the goblin, Griphook. The weather had improved heavily and Viola often found herself sitting outside the cottage, drawing the beautiful scenery. Not that she was terribly good at it, but it turned out all right. Since that night where she got to speak to Fred through the fireplace, they hadn't spoken since, only written letters.

Fred told her all about how lively the house had gotten after they had gotten more company. Viola was glad that they had company, but she found herself longing for that exact thing.

It was the day that Harry, Ron and Hermione left that Viola for the first time helped Fleur with supper. Fleur was excellent company. They were only a year apart, so Viola could easily relate to her. She told all about Beauxbatons and life in France.

"What was the best thing about Ilvermorny?" Fleur asked as she stirred in a pot while Viola was cutting vegetables.

"Probably... That there wasn't as much a competition within houses like Gryffindor and Slytherin." She said softly. Truth was that she didn't exactly find anything good about Ilvermorny. She hated it there. "Say, Fleur?"

"Oui?"

"You're part Veela, right?" Viola asked gently, not wanting to step over a line. Fleur nodded.

"When did you know that Bill was your... you know... forever?"

Fleur stopped her stirring to think for a bit.

"Well, I 'ave to say, that I was sometimes worried that it was my Veela powers, but I think I knew 'ow 'e really felt when 'e brought me 'ome to 'is family." She said and shot a look over at Viola.

"Are you doubting Fred's love for you?" She asked and raised her eyebrow.

"No, it's not that, it's just... It's just..." she said and sighed as she started cutting up a carrot.

"You don't feel like you deserve it?" Fleur finished and looked at her with a warm look. Viola nodded slowly.

"Viola, mon cher, you deserve all the 'appiness in the world, don't think like that."

Viola shot Fleur a little smile and Fleur returned it with warmth. Then the door got slammed open and Bill and Scott rushed inside.

"You will never believe what Harry and the others did." Bill said heavily panting.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Harry broke into Gringotts?!" Viola shouted in shock and put her hands to her mouth. She was absolutely shocked. Both Scott and Bill nodded. "Is he deliberately trying to get himself killed?!"

"That's not even the wildest part." Scott said and had a strange look on his face. He looked utterly impressed. "They escaped on a damn dragon."

That was too much for Viola and she had to sit down and take a sip of water.

"This was a big and dangerous move from
Harry." Bill said and shared a look with Fleur. "This will not go quietly and I suspect that something big is going to happen very soon."

"What do you mean?" Viola asked and looked up at Bill with fear and her eyes.

"I suspect... A fight is coming. And fast." He said and sighed before he hid his face in his hands. Everyone fell silent. Scott and Viola looked at each other and she felt his hand grabs hers under the table. She knew they were both thinking the same thing. If a fight was coming, then they would both be fighting with their lives at stake. This way of living was no life if they had to hide for the rest of their lives.