EIGHTEEN

The time after the final task and the death of Cedric Diggory went by in a pace so slow. Viola didn't know what to do or where to place herself. The whole school walked on eggshells. Except most of the Slytherin. The mood in the common room hadn't changed. It was only herself and Jamie that seemed affected by the events. On more than one occasion, Viola had caught Draco looking at her, but every time she looked at him, he looked away.

Jamie was in shock. Not only because if Cedric, but also because his favorite professor turned out to be a death eater. That professor Moody hadn't been who he said. Jamie, like Viola, never once felt lured by the dark side and he found the whole thing with the Moody-impostor deeply disturbing. All the while, Viola couldn't stop thinking about Harry. She hadn't seen him besides when they were down at the great hall to eat. It was about the realization of the Dark Lords return that scared Viola to death and Scott shared her fears. They were both muggle born children and they couldn't stop fearing for their mother.

Both Scott and Viola spent a lot of time with Fred and George. They did everything they could to ease the tension and cheer people up. It had succeeded at some point, but the air around Hogwarts was just so thick and filled with fear and dread. They spent most of their time outside in the beautiful weather. But the weather almost seemed like a taunt. Like it was taunting them all when it nice and Cedric Diggory had been murdered and Lord Voldemort had returned. Viola's relationship with Fred was at a stand still. Most of the time when they were all together, Viola rested her head on George's shoulder and not a hint of jealousy was displayed on Fred's face. They had come to a sort of understanding of each other. That George was just a big comfort.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Guys, we have some news." Fred revealed one afternoon while they were sitting by the lake. Scott sat and performed small charms with his wand, Fred scribbled down words in a notebook, George sat up against a tree and Viola sat between his legs and rested against him. Scott looked up and Viola looked at Fred.

"So we have some news from both Dumbledore and our mum. Viola is going to spend the whole summer with us. Your mum is going into hiding for the time being." Fred added and his face was both displaying happiness and concern. "What?" Viola asked and her face turned into a frown. "Well, since you guys are muggle borns, death eaters can use her to get to you, make you join them or what not." George said and Viola shivered.

She wasn't going to see her mum? She hadn't seen her in 9 months and now she couldn't see her for however long. "What about Scott?" Viola asked and looked at her brother who sighed deeply. "I'm going with her, Vi. I'm of age and I finished school and I can protect her." He said sadly and couldn't bear to meet his sister's gaze.

"No." Viola said harshly and sat up from her comfortable position between George's legs.

"Vi, it's the only way..." Scott said and Viola started to cry. "But Scott... Who knows for how long this will be going on for? What if it will go on for years?" She asked and couldn't control her shaky voice. Tears streamed down her cheeks and she could see Fred twitching his fingers. She knew he was fighting the urge to hold her and comfort her.

"You'll be safe with the Weasley's at the Burrow." He said and pulled his sister in for a tight hug. "We won't be spending the summer at the Burrow, though" George said and both Raywood siblings looked at him in confusion. "We don't know exactly where yet and Scott can't know where in case he is caught." Fred explained sadly.

"When are we going?" Viola asked, still holding her brother tight. "Straight from the platform" he said and sighed.

"So that means I only have 2 days left with Scott?" She asked , her voice cracking again and tears silently rolling down her already damp cheeks.