ONE

It was about to be her 6th year at Ilvermorny, but Viola didn't want to pack just yet. She hated that school. She hated everything about it. All her life she'd only heard that it was the europeans that were snobs and that America was the country of the free. But the older, Viola got, the more she noticed that that very obscure opinion could be traced right back to those who accused.
To Viola, she wanted nothing more than to get the hell away from it all.

But the more she postponed the packing, the closer the day came, when it was time for the first day of school. Two days before the departure to Ilvermorny for Viola's 6th year, she finally began packing after her mother's constant nicking. But she didn't exactly like it neat, so she just threw whatever she might need down in her trunk and various objects, she could find a good use for. When she was somewhat satisfied, Viola started to sneak downstairs for dinner. She could hear her mom on the phone in the kitchen and rolled her eyes. Even though, Viola was born from no-maj's, she preferred magical ways of communication. She was even dedicated to try to learn how to make a patronus messenger. She had already nailed the patronus part - it was a beautiful Granian and sometimes at school, Viola sought the comfort of her silver Granian on every lonely night, where the others talked behind her back or ignored her. Not that she minded it, she preferred it. She had always been a loner - and she figured she always would be. She remembered one of those rare nights when she actually felt lonely, she would sneak out to the fields behind the school and summon her Granian that always brought her warmth and comfort. And then she would look up to the sky and wish herself away.

That night, 2 days before the departure, when Viola seated herself in her usual chair around the dining table, she locked eyes with her big brother, who was a 7th year at Ilvermorny. Why he still lived at home, she had no clue. Her brother, Scott, studied her and then mouthed: "Are you all right?". Viola sighed and smiled sarcastically. Scott nodded in agreement and understood her.
"I-I don't understand - why now?" Their mother asked in distress, and both Scott and Viola looked up and at their mother. She was fiddling with the chord, tangling it around her fingers, diverting the already twisted chord. She was also biting her lip and scraping off dry skin from her lips with her upper teeth. Viola cringed. But all in all, she was curious as to find out what had her mother so distressed. She was normally very laid back and took everything with a grain of salt.

"I'm sure you can find somebody else to fill it, sir." the mother said, insisting, but almost... pleading? But Viola could see that deep in her eyes, whatever the mother tried to fight - she had lost. After a few more minutes of direct pleading and begging, their mother hung up the phone and rested her forehead against the wall, then she let out a long and deep sigh. She looked over at her two children who were staring right back at her and then she mumbled.

"We are moving to England."