Chapter 21

~ Matt's POV ~

I've been thinking a lot lately...

These past few days have been strange. I was, at first, a little distracted getting my thoughts together. Then I kinda noticed Dan was doing the same, then Maia, and even Sarkis. We were all uneasy about something... and I realized that it was probably me. I've been through a lot, and nothing bad has happened. No major burst, only one minor appearance of it... my condition is just... calm. It's never calm. I'm doing my best to not think about it too much, but I can tell everyone's uneasy about it. As for me, I'm uneasy because of Dan.

We've hung out a few more times, texted lots, talked and talked at school... and every time, I got that feeling about him. I know what it is now... but I'm still scared about it. Before anything happens between us, he deserves to know... I'm just worried he'll take it badly and then nothing at all will happen, we'll just be friends, play it safe... But I realize now that I might want him as more than a friend or best friend... I have little issues with finding this out about me, it's not that I'm attracted to guys suddenly that's bothering me, not at all, that's fine. Dan is cute... What's bothering me is the same old same old... my condition.

...

Dan had invited us all over to his place once again. All of us were happy when Maia actually tried asking her aunt this time, and for real she got permission. Dan's mom drove us all there, and we had all just gotten out of the car. However... during the ride, I had texted Dan, asking him if we could talk. I thought it best to try and do what Maia said. I'm going to tell him I'm scared... and try to tell him I'm interested in being more than friends with him... Just... gotta try and not freak out...

"Alright," Dan announced as we entered his living room, "Before we do anything! I need to go check on something - Matt come with me!"

Sarkis laughed, "Why do you need Matt to go with you?"

"It's a secret!" He stuck his tongue out at Sarkis, grabbing my arm, "Come on Matt!"

"Okay, okay!" I laughed a little, letting him drag me down the hall.

"You guys can start gaming without us," Dan called over his shoulder, "Maybe Maia can teach you how to be better at games, Sarkis!"

"Hey!"

Their laughing became distant, then silent as Dan shut the door to his room. He let go of me, sitting on his bed at patting the mattress beside him. I took some deep breaths and sat down beside Dan.

"Okay-"

"First of all," Dan said, hugging me sideways, "Calm down. If your nervous or scared, I won't judge, I'm here to listen, okay? Whatever you have to say, just say it, no hesitation!"

I couldn't help but laugh, a little, "I-It's not that easy to say..."

"Well anyway, just go ahead," He smiled kindly, "But can I ask one thing first?"

"...Sure?"

"It has to do with your breakup, right?"

"...Sorta, why do you ask?"

He hesitated slightly, "Well... I still remember those few days ago when Tezlus called. You were in love with or attracted to someone then, right?"

"..."

"...So, I'm assuming your not considering Beth again."

"G-God no, heh..."

"...And are you... considering someone else? Is that what this is about?"

...Okay... here we go...

"...I just need to get this off my chest because..." I paused, sitting up straight. I cleared my throat, feeling that I was blushing a lot right now. But I had to tell him this. I had to. "Because... it's important... It's just... complicated, and hard to say... But um... Just listen carefully, okay?"