Chapter 27

A/N: I'm finally back to updating my stories! It felt like it's been too long this time. Sorry about the kinda long wait, but I hope you continue to enjoy these chapters as I release them! Have a good day!

~ Dan's POV ~

Tuesday night, I was tiredly walking up the stairs to my room when I heard a knock at the front door. Sighing and cursing under my breath, I made a futile attempt to fix the absolutely messy fur on my head. I went back down the stairs, and because I was tired and barely gave a shit who was there, I yanked open the door without looking to see who it was. I was surprised to see Matt standing there.

"Oh," I blinked myself more awake, "Matt."

"Hey," Matt looked me up and down, smiling slightly, "Sorry, did I wake you up?"

"No, I was just about to go to bed..." I glanced behind him and saw Ignatius' car idling on the street, "What's up? I thought you'd be back tomorrow."

"We came back a little early," He scratched the back of his head, "...Could I sleepover?"

"Uh..."

I was... a bit more than surprised. Like, sure him being back now instead of tomorrow is surprising, but now he also wants to sleepover? ...I'm not complaining, never would I complain about snuggling Matt, I just... really wasn't anticipating it until later.

"...My parents aren't home until tomorrow night... so yeah, I guess."

"Awesome, I'll grab my stuff."

"Kay, but-" I stopped myself when he had already jogged over to Ignatius' car. I waited until he came back with his suitcase and walked inside. Then I asked, "So... How did the uh, thing, go?"

Matt was quiet as we walked up the stairs, saying when we got to the top, "It went fine."

"...And you still won't tell me what it was or... where you went?"

Again he paused, except this time, his voice was a little more defeated, "Well... I... um..." He cleared his throat, "I... can't really explain."

"...And why is that?" I tiredly asked, vaguely hoping to get some sort of an answer, but knowing I probably won't.

After yet another short pause, he said, "It's... complicated - I'm just gonna change in the bathroom, be right back."

I sighed as I watched him speedwalk down the hall and into the bathroom. I entered my room, and since I was already ready for bed, I flopped onto my bed and waited. A few minutes later Matt came back in his pyjamas, setting his suitcase aside and closing the door.

I said as he sat down, "So... are we going to talk in the morning at least? We're both tired, but I kinda want to know what happened."

He paused as he lay down, "It's... not something I want to talk about."

I turned over and looked at him, "Then is there anything that you can tell me that will make me feel like you're okay? Cuz I'm a little worried."

Matt was looking up at the ceiling for a while before he said, "I know this was sudden and all but... I'll be okay..." He rolled towards me, looking me in the eye for a moment before he looked down at the pillows. He put his hand over mine, "...As for telling you... It's... sort of related to my condition, but... I'd rather nobody know unless they have to... So..." He paused, squeezing my hand as he tried to find the words, "Just... it's... too much for me to talk about right now..."