Author's Note: Continuing Soon... (Update 2)

Once again, not a chapter, but an update on the story, and the goings-on of the past... well, basically a year now, since I last posted the previous update chapter (which has now been removed).

As you all could probably tell, I took a big break from writing. I spent my time mainly on my job, and other smaller hobbies of mine. Some personal issues and other irl stuff was involved as well. However, I've slowly gotten myself to continue writing, and I can say now that progress has been made on this story. I've been working on it in the background this whole time, and I believe sometime soon I'll be updating it.

I've looked over all the responses on the previous update chapter multiple times now, and I thank you all for the kind messages and thoughts. Many of you suggested I take the time I needed to set things right. Others said I should set the troublesome chapters aside and try to write something different, be it a continuation of the story or a different ending. I took both those pieces of advice into account, taking a good four months before I even looked at the story properly again. Then I was just chipping away at it super slowly, trying to make it a habit but not to burn myself out on it, trying to figure out the old ideas and write some new ones, and deal with a lot of other things irl. Despite this, I managed to write and edit a good chunk of stuff, and I believe I have ended up with something I can work with. Finally!

The chapters and ideas are not all finished as of writing/posting this, and I certainly cannot include them all in the 'cannon' ending of this book, cuz I think it's already long enough as it is. But I hope to include a lot of these ideas, and if not 'cannon' chapters, I may include some as either bonus chapters at the end of this story, or in another 'book' here on wattpad, titled appropriately of course. I'm unsure of this idea still, but I do have a lot of prototype chapters and old revisions with good parts in them written, so it seems a shame they never see the light of day. I'm going to finish the main story first, but if you wanna see these extra/bonus chapters, comment and let me know! And if you really want to motivate me to polish them up and post them all, consider donating to my ko-fi to help support me and my work. Link is in my profile.

In terms of when the next official chapter will arrive... I know I said I'd give a timeframe, but I do not want to rush or pressure myself to meet that. To give you an idea, the next chapter, Chapter 43, is basically all written, and I have the next couple after it almost worked out as well. Just gotta edit more, change a few details here and there, make it all mesh together a little nicer. It shouldn't take me too long to post chapter 43, depending on if life gets in the way or not. Which it kinda has, recently. However, I shall do my best, and I will not rush myself to get it done. Creativity takes time, more time than I'd like it to, sometimes!

Once again, thank you guys for your continued support and understanding. It made me smile quite a lot to see so many people respond to the last update with kind words, it really meant a lot to me. And a super big thanks to the individuals - you know who you are! - who sent me kind messages in and outside of wattpad in the recent months to check in on me and see how I was doing. Some new people, and some old friends, did this and caught me completely by surprise. Those messages helped refuel my motivation, I probably wouldn't have gotten to this point until much later if had I not gotten them. Extra big thanks for that!

Now, I gotta get back to these shenanigans of mine. Have a wonderful day, and be on the lookout for when I sneakily post the next chapter and not tell anyone ;)