𝙎𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨

Friday, October 23

Friday, October 23

Walking to school with Jaehyuk, Choi Hanbyul was greeted by her friends sporting wide grins on their faces. She tilted her head in confusion, looking at Jaehyuk to question him, only to see him with the same stupid smile.

"Y'all sus," she mumbled, observing the boys as she approached them. If they were planning on pranking me this early in the morning, they are gonna get their butts whooped.

"We got you a post birthday gift!" Jeongwoo excitedly stated. The others groaned at his response, angry that he spoiled it too soon.

"Not more gifts," the brunette grimaced, but internally, she wondered what it was.

"You'll love this one," Junghwan stated, and she somewhat trusted his words, convinced it wasn't a prank. She saw Asahi nodding to his words. Okay, it's not a prank. Not if Asahi agrees.

Since it was still the early hours, the boys insisted they give Hanbyul the gift in an empty classroom. Once she was dragged to a class, the boys huddled up, whispering among themselves.

"Is he ready?"

"Yeah, let's do it."

"Okay, okay."

"Le? Le? Le?"

"Let's geddit!"

The younger girl frowned, wondering what they were up to. All of a sudden, the boys moved away, and they settled a laptop on a desk. Moving closer she saw it was a video call, and it was none other than Hyunsuk on the other side.

"Oh." Hanbyul looked around and took a seat, seeing the boys excited for her reaction. Hyunsuk stared back, hoping for an appropriate reaction. "Oppa, what a surprise!" She covered her face with her hands, hoping they won't catch her disappointment.

So he can't even talk to me and wish me on my birthday, but can do the same the day after?

"Happy belated birthday, my baby star!" He cheered, and Hanbyul couldn't help but smile. She could tell he had a few sleepless nights, seeing his reddened eyes and raccoon-like dark circles through the screen. "I'm sorry I –"

"It's alright. Better late than never!" The younger cut him off, knowing he was going to give the same speech he would when he forgot something. Predictable Choi Hyunsuk.

"Anyway ..." he smiled, rubbing his eyes. Work must be really draining him. "How was the party yesterday? Did you enjoy it? I made sure they had your favorites! Especially the chocolate pudding!" Hyunsuk beamed, not noticing everyone frown at his words.

Hanbyul was allergic to chocolate. And her own brother doesn't know that?

"Hyung, she –" Jaehyuk interjected, making a move to amend the mistake.