𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙙𝙜𝙚 𝙊𝙛 𝙇𝙤𝙮𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙮

please remember to vote and comment!

Friday, December 25

Choi Hanbyul heavily trudged up the stairs to her room, holding in her emotions as she went over her fight with her best friend. Did I really just let Jaehyuk walk out on me because of some dude I met two months ago? Just like he said? She couldn't help but wonder, opening the door to her room.

The brunette was surprised to see the dress she had planned on wearing, laid out on the bed, along with matching accessories and shoes. She saw a note next to her makeup, a set of instructions on what colors to use — written by Junkyu himself. She could make out his messy handwriting, depicting he had quickly scribbled it down before leaving the house, making Hanbyul sadder.

No matter how hard she tried to hold it in, the tears fell down her face, her knees giving out and falling on the floor, sobbing uncontrollably.

I didn't choose Haruto. I kept my promise. To keep my word. I didn't choose Haruto. I–I do like him, but not more than my family. Maybe just as much as them, but I can't. I'd never choose Haruto over my family ... would I?

Hanbyul pulled on her hair in frustration, confused at the thoughts that went in her head. Everything was a mess, and she didn't know what to believe. She didn't know how long she stayed on the floor, hugging her knees, but she knew she had to get up soon and start changing.

She grabbed a towel and went to the washroom, knowing she'd cry some more in there as well. After a long bath and more crying, Hanbyul walked out of the bathroom, grimacing at the sight of her reddened and puffy eyes in the mirror.

Put some cucumbers. Or something cold. Junkyu's words echoed in her head.

It was on her sixteenth birthday. The day was almost over and Hyunsuk hadn't wished her yet, and she cried in her room, disheartened that her brother didn't remember her birthday. Junkyu was the only one who saw and came up with a quick solution to get rid of her puffy eyes before the others could see and question it.

After getting some cold towels, Hanbyul wore her pajamas and laid on the bed, the towels over her eyes to reduce the puffiness. She had a lot more in her — to cry — but she didn't want to. She was exhausted. As she laid on her bed, Hanbyul's phone rang, and she peeked at it, trying to read the caller's name.

Seeing Yedam's name, her heart tightened, the whole scenario replaying in her head. Hanbyul slid her finger over her phone, answering the call, putting it on speaker before dabbing her eyes with the cold napkins.

"Hani? Han?" Yedam let out a sigh, knowing the youngest would not talk to them, but instead of hanging up, he continued speaking. "I'm sorry for what happened, and I apologise for not doing anything, but you know ... I couldn't really say anything."

"We hope you are not angry with us, regardless of what we said." Hanbyul heard Asahi's voice, and she pressed the napkins harder against her eyes, not wanting to cry again. "We did mean everything we said, but only for your good. I understand that you are not a part of MAGNUM, but you are still tied to it because of your brother. And at the end of the day, Haruto will always be the leader of SEKIRYU before he is whatever he is to you." The blond avoided the words, and the girl realised that maybe everyone kind of knew at this point.