𝘼𝙨 𝙄𝙛 𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙇𝙖𝙨𝙩

Saturday, February 13

D–DAY

Choi Hanbyul walked down the stairs, hearing various noises around the house. She saw all the boys rushing around, surprising her. What's happening? She wondered, rubbing her eyes to get the sleep out.

She shoved her hands into her sweatpants' pockets, trudging towards the kitchen and finding a bowl of rice and soup laid out for her. Everyone rushed past her, not hearing the quiet greetings she gave and she furrowed her brows, confused.

Why is everyone running everywhere? What's happening?

"Morning, Hani." She heard a familiar voice greet her, eyes widening when she saw Jihoon sitting in front of the counter.

"Oh, good morning, Jihoon." She took a seat in front of the food, stopping herself from eating when she saw the older staring at her with raised eyebrows. "Jihoon oppa." Hanbyul giggled, remembering how strict he was about honorifics.

"Better." Jihoon gave his infamous eye smile, going back to tapping away on his phone as he sipped on a cup of tea.

"Everyone's running around ... is there anything happening today?" The female asked, not looking up as she dug into her food.

Jihoon observed the younger, smiling lightly. Everything is because of her, and she doesn't even know. "Just mafia things, you know. But nothing major, so you don't have to worry," he added quickly, not wanting her to suspect anything.

"Yoshi, Jeongwoo, Asahi! Time to go!" Junkyu called out, and Hanbyul continued eating, used to them coming and leaving as they wished.

Park Jeongwoo tied his laces, asking the older for a minute before jogging towards the girl. "Hani, I have to leave." He tapped her shoulder lightly, gaining her attention. "Can I get a hug?" His question startled the people around him, but they also knew why.

Even with none of their allies backing up SEKIRYU, it was still one of the most dangerous mafias in Seoul. The usual fights Jeongwoo led were because of attacks on their bases and other minorities, but this ... this was huge for them.

Hanbyul grew up with these boys, and she was so attached to them, no matter how much they fought. Even the slightest scratch on them would get her teared up, and when they were going to such a big fight — especially behind her back — they didn't want her to be sad ... if they couldn't make it back.

It wasn't like they were going to war, but it might as well be. Jeongwoo, Junkyu, Asahi and Yoshi were in the front-lines of their bases, and they knew the chances of them making it out alive — with SEKIRYU as their opponent — were low.

"Me too!" Junkyu, Asahi and Yoshi repeated, making the younger tilt her head in confusion.

What is this? They've never asked for hugs before they went on missions. Why now? She thought to herself, but kept her spoon down, getting up and wrapping her arms around each one of them.