𝙄 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪

warnings; domestic violence, also haruto says some stuff which may not be for the weak-hearted, so yeah, buckle up your hearts, guys!

Saturday, January 30

Watanabe Haruto stood at the side, watching Hanbyul as she gripped her dress tightly, holding in her tears. They left the party, and the male drove them to a nearby park, knowing Hanbyul wanted to get away from the place.

He leant against his car, breathing out and looking down when the brunette fisted her hands over her eyes as an attempt to stop her tears. "Hani ..." He couldn't help but feel worried, seeing his girlfriend struggle to breathe.

She got so scared when Hyunsuk spoke to her. But why? Had Hyunsuk approached her before? Did she feel unsafe? Many thoughts rushed through his mind, but he paused when he heard Hanbyul's quiet sobbing.

Haruto let out a breath, placing his arms around Hanbyul's shaking body, enveloping her in a comforting hug. He patted her back softly, rocking back and forth as he thought of something to say.

"I'm s-sorry. I'm sorry, Haruto. I didn't m-mean to f-flip out. I just got s-scared. I'm so sorry, Haruto. I r-really am," she apologised, her words triggering a bad memory with the older.

The raven-haired male's grip around Hanbyul loosened as she continued apologizing and crying, her actions and words reminding him of a memory he had pushed far back in his mind.

***

Sounds of items crashing and banging echoed throughout the house. A 12-year-old Haruto sighed as he buried his head in his pillow, hoping it would drown the noise.

He sat up, listening to — yet another — argument between his parents. He didn't know why, but it was more common the past few days, and he stayed in his room — like he always did.

Haruto reminded himself to clean up the mess his parents would make, not wanting his mother to get another cut from the broken glass. He looked over at the clock in his room, knowing the fight would end soon.

It always ended in ten minutes.

"No, p-please let me g-go!" He heard his mother beg, making him jump off his bed, rushing over to the door. They told him to never come out whenever they fought, but this seemed different.

"Just shut up!" His father's voice boomed, followed by the sound of a slap. Haruto's eyes widened, immediately opening the door and running towards his parents.

His father would never hit his mother. It was always verbal arguments. Never physical.

"Mama!" He called out, deeply worrying for his mother. His mother was already too sweet to bear with her husband's curses, she couldn't possibly handle him hitting her.