𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙀𝙫𝙚

please remember to vote and comment!

Saturday, February 6

Choi Hanbyul took the key from the hiding place, surprised it wasn't changed. She walked in, knowing she wouldn't find any of the boys in the house. All of them would be at the headquarters. She made her way to her room, freshening up and changing into some casual clothes as she lounged in the living room.

Is this much crying even healthy for a person? She couldn't help but think, sighing as she buried her head in her palms. Even though she knew it wasn't good, she cried, letting out her feelings.

What if the boys are still angry with me? What if Hyunsuk doesn't want to see my face again? Should I even be here? All the thoughts ran through her mind, causing her to bawl even harder.

She ran her fingers through her hair, utterly frustrated with herself. She didn't know why and for what, but she blamed everything on herself, making it slightly more convenient for her.

I trust you to tell me stuff, though. Jaehyuk's words echoed in Hanbyul's mind. The good, the bad, everything. I want to know. No more hiding stuff. She eyed her phone on the coffee table, contemplating her decision. If you ever need me, I'm just a call away, Hani.

Hanbyul picked up her phone, scrolling through the contacts and tapping on the caller ID, despite her vision being blurred by tears. At the end of the day, it's always family. I can always count on Jaehyuk. He knows it all, he's my best friend.

Within two rings, the male answered the call, surprised as he read the caller ID. "Hani? Is everything alright? What happened? Where are you?" The questions left his mouth, worrying immensely for the younger.

"No. Haruto. Home." Hanbyul answered each of his questions briefly, unable to contain her sorrow as she sobbed, startling Jaehyuk on the other line.

"Stay home. Don't do anything stupid. I'm coming home, Hani."

|<><><><><>|

Yoon Jaehyuk crashed into many things as he rushed out of the MAGNUM base, leaving the others confused. He slipped, trying to find the car keys, scrambling quickly to get up as he ran towards the exit.

The others called out for him, but he didn't stop. I have to go see Hanbyul right now, were the words that ran continuously throughout his mind.

Starting the car and reversing into the road at an unimaginable speed, Jaehyuk surprised himself at how fast he arrived at their shared house. The coal-haired male ran up the stairs of the porch, crashing into the door before he opened it, stumbling in an extremely disheveled state.

Jaehyuk slowed his breathing, seeing a familiar figure hunched over on the couch in the living room. "Hani?" He closed the door behind him, softly calling out for the younger.

His heart broke at the sight in front of him, especially when Hanbyul looked up at him. Her puffy and reddened eyes, raccoon-like dark circles, tear-stained cheeks — everything about the once-cheerful girl made Jaehyuk's heart ache.

The male moved closer, sitting next to the girl. Out of habit, Hanbyul gripped onto his sleeves, making Jaehyuk gulp. "Hey, I'm here," he muttered, frowning when the younger buried her face in the crook of his neck, crying uncontrollably. "Alright, alright. I'm here, baby. It's fine. Let it all out." Jaehyuk patted her back, slowly letting out a sigh.

He didn't know what happened, but he was ready to kill Haruto. He trusted him to take care of Hanbyul after everything that happened with them, but he ended up hurting her more.

"You w-were right, Jae." Hanbyul's body shook as she sobbed, slowly pulling away from the older. Jaehyuk looked intent, tilting his head in confusion. "It was j-just a plan. Haruto just w-wanted me to get c-closer to Hyunsuk," she explained everything she heard from the SEKIRYU soldiers.

The brunette burst into tears once again, being reminded of everything that happened through mini flashbacks. Jaehyuk wrapped his arms around the younger, breathing quietly as he tried to think of ways to console her.

Seeing Hanbyul cry over a boy so much scared Jaehyuk. He didn't understand why she was so attached, but at the same time, he did. They shielded Hanbyul from the mafia upbringing the others had, so it was reasonable why she couldn't turn a stony heart to the situation.

She was still the same old softie Choi Hanbyul who cried whenever she saw the tiniest cut on the boys.

"Gwenchanha, Hani." Jaehyuk placed a small kiss on her forehead, smiling lightly as she clung to him, worried he might disappear. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right here. You can cry how much ever you want to." He continued patting her back, humming softly.

I'll do my best to protect you, Hanbyul.

|<><><><><>|

After tucking in Hanbyul to bed, Yoon Jaehyuk contacted Junghwan, requesting the youngest to come to their home. Though he was confused, So Junghwan took the nearest taxi, giving directions to their share home. As soon as he arrived, Jaehyuk briefly explained what happened, leaving the younger alone with Hanbyul as he left.

Taking deep breaths to control his anger, Jaehyuk calmed himself before starting the car, not wanting to get into an accident with his rage driving. He drove to the MAGNUM base, searching around the rooms to find his boss.

Finding Choi Hyunsuk in a meeting with a few others, Jaehyuk barged into the room, grabbing everyone's attention. The emerald-haired male raised his brow, questioning the younger one's behaviour as he wasn't the type to run around causing trouble.

"Where the hell did you go? Why didn't you answer your phone?" Junkyu scolded the coal-haired male, standing from his seat. "Where's Junghwan? Did you not call for him?" He rolled his eyes, frustrated at the way the messenger of MAGNUM was behaving.

"Boss hyung, I need to talk to you." Jaehyuk ignored the others, only maintaining eye contact with the oldest.

"Save it." Hyunsuk brushed off the younger, going back to talking to the others.

"It's about Watanabe Haruto." These words caught Hyunsuk's attention, and he slowly tilted his head, staring at Jaehyuk, urging him to continue.

Yoon Jaehyuk took a deep breath, stating everything Hanbyul had told him. He mentioned about the girl returning home and her breakdown, causing everyone's blood to boil as he spoke about the supposed plan Haruto had.

The entire room went silent as each of the MAGNUM boys came up with descriptive plans to eliminate Watanabe Haruto in their heads. None of them spoke up, all of them observing their boss for a reaction.

He was the boss, after all ... and Hanbyul was his sister.

Choi Hyunsuk stood from his seat, the others immediately following suit. He picked up his phone, typing something before tapping on a button. Within a few seconds, a wave of dings went throughout the room, signaling everyone had gotten a message.

"Well, boys. Let's declare war on SEKIRYU, shall we?"

***

welp, send help. 

so, the next few chapters might be a whole rollercoaster ride. 

so i guess just hold on tight?

you know the drill. please remember to vote and comment.