𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙉𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙆𝙣𝙤𝙬

please remember to vote and comment!

Tuesday, January 19

Choi Hanbyul kept glancing at her phone, expecting a message at least this time. Why isn't he answering my calls? She felt worried as she alternated her gaze between her phone and the teacher.

It's been a week since he hasn't come to school. What could be wrong?

"Miss Yoon, is something the matter?" The class's Math teacher, Park Seonghwa, inquired, pausing the lesson. "You seem worried. Is everything alright?" The kind smile on his face would've deceived her if she didn't know who it was.

"I'm alright, Mr Park."

Park Seonghwa, lookout of ATEEZ. Allies of SEKIRYU. Hanbyul had seen their faces at the party she went to with Haruto and was surprised to see the familiar faces at school. Mr Choi, the English teacher, Mr Seo, the History teacher, Mr Moon, the music teacher, and Mr Park, their Math teacher.

After a bit of digging with Junghwan's help, she found out what they actually did, what units they were in and who they worked for. All under Watanabe Haruto. Were all of them here to keep an eye on her? Just like the MAGNUM boys? The boys were more wary of their surroundings after finding out, more protective over Hanbyul than ever.

But none of that mattered now. All she wanted to know was why Haruto has been M.I.A for a week.

|<><><><><>|

It was lunchtime, and Hanbyul wondered how she was going to ask for the boys' help in finding information about SEKIRYU. She needed to know if Haruto was in trouble. The boys figured his disappearance had something to do with work, since they understood how time-consuming their line of work was.

Jaehyuk mixed the cheese tteokbokki in the cup, unfazed by Hanbyul's unclenching and clenching fists. He took a piece of the rice cake with his chopsticks, holding it out for the girl. She ate it, glancing at Jaehyuk before looking down again.

Don't ask. Let her start. Don't ask her. It's definitely about Haruto. You don't care about him. Just let her start speaking. Jaehyuk reminded himself, alternating between feeding Hanbyul and eating himself.

"Jaehyuk, I need your help," Hanbyul started, causing the boy to look at her. Oh, fucking hell. He stared at her, waiting to continue, not even wanting to ask what she needed. "I need you to check some stuff about SEKIRYU for me."

"Why?" Jaehyuk monotonously asked, stuffing a piece of rice cake as soon as Hanbyul opened her mouth to speak.

"Yoon Jaehyuk," Junkyu warned, seeing the exchange between the two youngsters. "If you don't want to help her, let us know. We'll do something, if you can't."