𝟎𝟎:𝟎𝟎 (𝙕𝙚𝙧𝙤 𝙊'𝘾𝙡𝙤𝙘𝙠)

Sunday, February 14

Sunday, February 14

Choi Hanbyul talked with each of the boys, inspecting all of them for injuries before forcing them to go to sleep. She even forced Jihoon to sleep over despite his protests, letting him bunk with Mashiho. Out of everyone, only Jaehyuk, Mashiho, Yedam, Doyoung and Junghwan had zero injuries.

Junkyu, Yoshi and Jeongwoo suffered minor injuries, whereas Asahi and Jihoon were the ones with critical wounds. Only difference was that Jihoon was conscious and with them while Asahi was unconscious and still at iKON's med bay.

It was way past midnight and the brunette simply sat on her bed, mindlessly staring at the wall. The past week was mentally exhausting for the younger, and she shocked herself as she could still stand on her feet. Thinking about the day's events made her stomach tumble, especially when she remembered the guns and wounds on the boys.

I'll never get over that fear.

Unable to sleep, she took her phone, scrunching her face as she saw a message from Haruto. She tapped on it, smiling as she read it. Happy Valentine's Day, Hani ♥. She shook her head to herself, seeing that the male had texted her exactly at midnight before replying to him.

Not getting a reply, she guessed Haruto was sleeping and played a game on her phone, sighing boredly. The door to her room opened, startling Hanbyul as she wondered who it was. Her brother peeked through, checking if she was asleep and opening the door fully when she wasn't.

"I, uh, just came from the med bay," Hyunsuk awkwardly stated, shoving his hands in his pockets. Hanbyul stood up at his words, gaping at him for an update. "I couldn't see Asahi, but Chanwoo said that he'll be fine in a few days. He's still unconscious, but they said they'll call me as soon as he's up."

"That's somewhat a relief," Hanbyul muttered, not entirely content with the news she received. Until he regained conscious, everything was uncertain.

Hyunsuk breathed out, looking around the room before locking eyes with his sister. "I know it's late, but can we talk?" He asked, fiddling with his fingers.

"Sure."

|<><><><><>|

The Choi siblings sat on the porch outside, sipping on the coffee Hanbyul had made for the both of them. They didn't talk, but just sat together, enjoying the silence. Hanbyul made the first move, placing her mug on the side and turning to her brother.

"I wanted to apologise, oppa," she started, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry for everything I said to you that day. I do respect and admire you just as much as the others. You have done a lot for me, and I guess I was just too bratty that day to understand." Hanbyul chuckled, causing the older to nod.

"You were bratty, but that's how little sisters are supposed to be." Hyunsuk placed his mug on the side, holding the brunette's hands. "I am sorry for being so controlling, Star. I guess I just didn't know when to log out from the mafia boss mode. I gave orders all the time and expected you to follow it without any issues. Even with the boys, you guys are my family before MAGNUM's soldiers, so I should've been more lenient with you guys."

"I'm sorry for dating Haruto behind your back."

"It really isn't something you should apologise for, Star."

Hanbyul smiled, nodding. "I know, but I can't control who my heart goes out to. Haruto isn't the best person, and I agree, but I hope you can accept the person I love." She pouted, looking down and playing with her brother's hands as she spoke. "I know it's a lot to ask from you, but I want to know."

"Okay. What if I don't like him?" The emerald-haired male raised his brow as his sister pulled away her hands at his question.

"Well ..." She spoke quietly, maintaining eye contact as the older male kept a straight face. "... if you still don't approve of him — with a valid explanation — then I won't date him. Because at the end of the day, I know whatever decision you make is for my betterment." The brunette breathed deeply, exhaling as she wondered what her brother would say.

Hyunsuk took her hands in his again, smiling at the younger. "As long as you are happy, I don't mind." His words brought a smile on her face, the previous frown wiped off. "But don't expect us to be having drinks like brothers or be prancing through flower fields while holding hands or something." Hanbyul raised her brow, questioning his odd examples.

"We can slowly work on that," she prompted, causing the older to shake his head.

"I rather not. As long as he doesn't hurt you, and stays out of my way ..." He raised his hands, looking at Hanbyul with a pointed look. "... we'll be fine. Because next time he hurts you, I won't hesitate to pull the trigger no matter who's in front of him."

Despite the threat, Choi Hanbyul had a grin on her face, finally glad to spend some time with her brother while sorting out the differences they had. Choi Hyunsuk mirrored the smile, wrapping his arms around his sister as he pulled her into a hug.

"I hope you find it easier to tell me things, Star. I know I can be scary at times, but I still hope you can share your adventures with me too. I'll try to be around more, so much more that you'll get sick of me." Hyunsuk laughed, placing a kiss on her forehead as he patted her shoulder.

"I love you, oppa. Thank you for everything you have done for me."

"I love you too, Star. Thank you for being very understanding."

***

me bawling as i listen to slowmotion on repeat. also, how do y'all like the treasure comeback this time? i'll be very honest, it wasn't exactly my favourite, but i loved the b-side tracks :)

also, the raps in i love you piano version hit different. legit ruto's low tone rap was always epic, but then hyunsuk and yoshi also jumped on the same track and i was shook. and the bridge had me dead on my bed.

like when they we 'we goin hard' like yes sirs you did go hard now look what you did im currently deceased.

share the love! please remember to vote and comment!