𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙏𝙤 𝙈𝙚

Thursday, November 12

Hanbyul awkwardly stood outside the door, hesitating to enter the house. It surprised her to have made it this far, even after telling her over-protective friends where she was going, but now, she was too scared to walk in.

"Aren't you coming?" Haruto asked, turning around once he didn't hear the chattering female beside him. He raised his eyebrows, observing the girl.

"D-do you live alone?" She suddenly questioned, throwing him off-guard. He hadn't really thought about a backstory to himself and just picked up the girl because their homework was piling up — and he had a plan to carry out too.

"Is that stopping you from entering my house?"

The words made Hanbyul step inside quickly, huffing as she walked all the way in, brushing past Haruto as she made her way towards the living room. The male chuckled to himself, closing the front door and walked to the room Hanbyul was in. She sat on the couch, her feet awkwardly propped up as she tried to appear comfortable.

"Nice house," she commented, and Haruto had to stifle a laugh, seeing her odd behaviour. Why does her awkwardness amuse me? He thought, thinking if his humor had taken a fall.

The Watanabe Haruto who laughed only at his dark humor now finding amusement in a nervous girl?

The raven-haired male raised his brow, looking at her feet on his couch. "Down," he simply stated, and Hanbyul immediately got the message, keeping her feet down and sitting politely like she does.

"Sir, yes, sir." Haruto had to hold back another laugh at her words. He was sure he wasn't supposed to hear them, and seeing the girl's wide eyes, he pretended to not hear it.

The duo started working on their homework for the week, helping each other. Though it was mainly Hanbyul helping Haruto, the boy had some moments where his words sparked something in the girl's mind.

After a while, Haruto offered to get them some drinks, leaving to the kitchen. Hanbyul checked their science textbook, writing the items and following Haruto to ask if he had the necessary ingredients for their experiment.

"Ruto, do you –" She was cut off by her phone ringing, the girl pulling it out of her pocket. Her body froze as she saw the caller ID, trying to calm her breathing as she unconsciously took steps backwards.

'Oppa' flashed on the screen along with a picture of Hanbyul had taken with Hyunsuk. The ringing echoed in the empty apartment as she thought of what to do. She accidentally bumped against a vase stand, dropping the glass sculpture on it. Hanbyul let go of her phone to grasp onto the falling statue, failing to catch it, resulting in both her phone and sculpture on the floor. One of them — if not both — shattered into pieces.

Haruto's hand froze halfway as he took the drinks out of the fridge at the sound of the glass statue shattering. What the fuck? The words kept repeating in his head as he walked out of the kitchen, seeing the mess in front of him.