𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙏𝙤 𝘽𝙚 𝘽𝙖𝙙

Friday, December 25

Friday, December 25

Choi Hanbyul had literally never felt this stressed her entire life. It was the day she had to go to the party with Haruto, and she still hadn't told her friends about it.

The boys were all downstairs, watching a movie, enjoying their Christmas. The brunette sat in front of her dressing table, practicing her speech as she looked at her reflection In the mirror.

"... I owe him one, so I can't really back out of this. I'm sorry I couldn't say it sooner, but I was scared about what you guys might say." Hanbyul maintained a solemn face, but covered her face, feeling the stress catch up to her.

Gathering all the courage she could muster, Hanbyul walked downstairs, making her way towards the boys. The boys sprawled across the floor, couch and loveseats, and seeing the girl, all of them made space for her. Hanbyul didn't sit down, and observing her hands, Junkyu paused the movie, wondering what was wrong.

"I need to tell you guys something," the brunette announced, clenching and unclenching her fists, which all the boys noticed and figured whatever she was about to tell stressed her.

"Tell us, Hani." Mashiho attempted to speak, seeing half the boys look at him, as he was always considerate no matter the situation.

"There's this Christmas party ..." she trailed off, letting out a deep breath.

Junghwan furrowed his brows confusedly. "What's this party that I didn't get an invitation to?" He partially joked, but the other half wanted to know which classmate of theirs didn't invite him.

"It's a formal dinner event of sorts. Ruto ..." Hanbyul puffed her cheeks, observing the reactions of her friends.

Asahi and Jeongwoo immediately starting shaking their heads, not needing to hear the rest and already opposing. Yedam, Junkyu and Doyoung looked shocked. Their eyes widened as they stared at the youngest for more information. Junghwan, Mashiho and Yoshi looked disappointed, having an idea about what she was going to say — knowing well she had already agreed to whatever it was.

And Jaehyuk ... well, Hanbyul felt her whole body freeze in fear as soon as their eyes met.

"Haruto asked you to be his date," Jeongwoo stated, realising the girl was too scared to speak.

Hanbyul nodded silently, shutting her eyes when she saw Jaehyuk get up from the couch and approach her. "Open your eyes," he ordered, his eyes darkened in anger. "Tell him no, that's it." Jaehyuk's tone startled most of the boys, not used to seeing that side of the usually cheerful boy.

"I can't." Hanbyul played with her fingers, shutting her eyes again when Jaehyuk turned around to look at her.

"Why?"

"I owe him."

Asahi scoffed, not believing his ears. "You owe him a date to a party?" He inquired, forcing a laugh that scared everyone in the room. The MAGNUM boys were usually scared of the hitman, but this was a new fear.