𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝘾𝙖𝙣 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙏𝙤 𝙈𝙚

Saturday, January 30

Anger coursed through Hanbyul's veins as she stomped to her room. She opened the door with a bang, startling Junghwan who sat on her bed, wearing a noise cancellation headset.

Choi Hanbyul ignored his worried gaze, grabbing the duffel bag from the closet and stuffing whatever she could into it. It hurt her that no one spoke up to stop her, and that only added to the anger and pain she felt.

"Star, where are you going?" Junghwan took off the headset, placing it on the bed before walking towards the girl.

"I don't know," she mumbled, sniffling as she threw her books into her schoolbag. "I'm just leaving."

Junghwan turned the younger towards him, wiping away her tears. "It was that bad, huh?" He inquired, not having an idea about the fight because of the strict orders from his hyungs.

Hanbyul nodded. "But I regret nothing I said," she answered, tears filling her eyes as Junghwan helped her pack her bags. "I just regret not being there for you guys." She sobbed, harshly wiping away her tears.

"Are the hyungs in bad shape?"

"Jaehyuk is the worst. He took the blame for everything."

"Classic Jaehyuk hyung." The boy shook his head, closing the zip on the bags. "I'll look after the hyungs. You just stay safe wherever you are going." Junghwan spoke the words he knew Hanbyul wanted to hear.

"Alright." She nodded, throwing the bags over her shoulder.

"Just because you leave right now doesn't mean the doors are closed forever. These doors are always open for you. I hope you know that, Star."

"Thank you, Junghwan."

|<><><><><>|

The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was just gone.

Choi Hanbyul paused, trying to hold back the strange feelings rumbling inside her, but she couldn't. A lone tear traced down her cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down her face.

Her chin trembled as if she was a small child. She breathed heavier than she ever had before. She was gasping for air that simply wasn't there. Her throat burned, forming a silent scream.

The rain and tears mingle on Hanbyul's face, salty tracks blending into the fresh sky-fallen trickles. Only the pinkness of her eyes gives any clue to her sadness and in this city, who will look closely enough to tell?

She stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, dropping her bags to the ground. Just as the heavens cried, Hanbyul let out everything she felt. She lied. She regretted everything she said. She got too carried away. The rain was something she appreciated, especially at this moment.