𝙈𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙤

Thursday, October 22

No matter how hard Choi Hanbyul tried to cover up her disappointment, the boys noticed it. After all, they knew each other inside out. As soon as she approached half of the boys, Yoshi patted her back, probably knowing what happened.

"You okay?" He leaned towards her ear, trying to be heard despite the crowd chattering.

"Yeah, it's just a little cold," she answered, smiling at the silver-haired boy.

Before the boy could open his mouth to speak, Hanbyul felt someone grab her hand, pulling her to the ballroom dance floor. She frowned at the brunet who whisked her away, unable to keep the act for long as he began mocking her.

"With all that frowning you are gonna get way more wrinkles than me," Jeongwoo stated, forcing the corners of her mouth up, and she complied, smiling for him.

"With all that scolding you are going to get way old before me — wait, you already are!" The brunette joked as Jeongwoo's hand rested on her waist as they danced to the slow music that was playing.

Jeongwoo laughed, not arguing further. She looked around the room, surprised to see this many couples on the dance floor, but then again, it was a while since the dinner party started.

Soon enough, just like she had suspected, Junkyu approached them, asking for a dance. She easily made him jealous, and she expected him, followed by Jaehyuk and Mashiho. "I can't believe you started dancing without me. Were you planning on not saving me a dance?" His tone was angry, but the smile on his face deceived his words.

"Why save a dance when you came and claimed one?" Hanbyul countered, seeing the older nod in agreement.

"That's true. You can't hide from me."

"Exactly."

After another song, Jaehyuk tapped on Junkyu's shoulder, requesting a dance. Another song later, Mashiho waddled his way over, grabbing her hand as soon as the music ended, attempting to dance with the taller female.

During the dance, she let out a breath, trying to bear the cold longer. Seeing Hyunsuk near the entrance, it surprised her to see him staring at her, a fond smile on his face. She smiled back, turning back to face Mashiho.

Never stare at Hyunsuk for too long. She remembered the set of rules and information they gave her to memorize before attending the party.

As soon as the song ended, Hanbyul excused herself to the bathroom, instead towards the same room Sera took her to. She sat on the edge of the bed, taking off her heels and massaging her feet. After relaxing for a bit, she walked out, making her way towards the table reserved for her and the boys.

Feeling her watch slide up, she looked down, seeing the buckle loosened up. Adjusting it as she walked towards the table, she didn't see the person in front of her, who seemed to be just as mentally distant as she was.