Chapter Sixty

Lilly

"Luna, everything is arranged." The fourth elder informs me.

I look around and see that the main army is ready to set off. I notice that Lucas is walking near me. His eyes are dangerously telling me that he is up to no good.

As such, I turn around and pretend not to notice him.

However, who is Lucas? Of course he will not let me off.

And as I thought, I find myself being suddenly hauled into his arms and is passionately kissed like crazy.

Unlike the first elder who immediately pretended to be busy doing something else when assaulted by our affection, the fourth elder bravely turns to the side so his eyes won't see us.

Lucas pays him no attention and kisses me to his heart's content and only gives me a break when he notices that I need air to breathe in. However, he still keeps me within his embrace despite placing me back to my feet.

Only then did the fourth elder turn to look at us. I feel that he is squinting his eyes at us within his cloak, like a child disgusted when he sees his parents make out.

Lucas raises his brow on him as if he also felt him squinting his eyes on us.

"We are ready to depart anytime." The fourth elder did not mind Lucas as he informed me.

"We will set in five." I told him and he immediately vanished.

I sigh and look at Lucas. He stares back at me with a smirk. He looks careless and not worried at all. He doesn't look like someone who is about to lead a large scale war.

I chuckle and rest my head on his chest.

"Please protect them." I softly ask of him as he hugs me back.

"Mm. As for you, don't mind anyone. You just protect yourself." He seriously tells me which made me laugh.

My silly mate is seriously telling me to just mind my own safety and not worry about the council.

"The four of them can protect themselves. Especially the young one. When danger comes, just go away. Don't mind them. They will save themselves."

The young one? Is he talking about the fourth elder?

"You promised me." He murmurs.

I chuckle and look at him. I have never uttered a promise in both my lives. However, I did it earlier for my love.

I might be Luna, but I am also Lilly. I am a queen but I am also still a young girl who wants to make her mate happy.

"Yes, I promised you." I reiterate as I feel his smile.

x x x

The were-councils and me are concealing our auras as we travel the forest to the enemy's ground. More than that, I am also wearing their identical cloak. This is to confuse the enemy in case we are spotted.

The place we are going is just a few hundred kilometers away from the northern side of the Amaya forest. It is where the caves are located.

We are running for an hour now and everywhere is still peaceful. Even when we are near to our destination, I cannot feel any ripple of the concealed energy anywhere. Suddenly, I feel that something is amiss.

I stop running and start to scan our surroundings.

"Luna?" The first elder asks me.

"They always say that the most dangerous place is the safest place." I reply as I continue to sense any fluctuation.

"I have not sensed anything since we departed." I quietly said. Right then, I feel the sense imprint of the other four councils scanning the area.

Suddenly, the fourth elder came in front of me as if to shield me. "I think we went into a trap." He states.

The other three also adopted a protective stance around me.

"That might not be the case. A trap is only effective if you are trapping a mouse." I smile. I close my eyes and summon Althea. Then, we will summon the wind and suddenly attack the four councils surrounding me.

The wind slashed the four of them away. It hit them on their back and cut into their cloaks into their heart. Some blood is dripping down to the soil. However, I know that I wasn't able to kill them.

Silence envelopes until I hear a crooked laugh. The first elder slowly stands up and faces me. His wound is healing at a very fast rate. In fact, his healing ability is faster than the "were-likes."

"A queen is a queen indeed. You just woke up from your slumber but are already able to figure it out." He says with admiration.

"I understand now. A retainer can't really stay loyal when his master is away." I reply to him.

"What do you know, Luna? You left us thousands of years ago. The world is different now. We don't need royalties. We especially don't need powerful kings and queens who hold our lives on the palm of your hands." He replies.

I softly chuckle at him. "Is that so? Why do I feel like you just want to be the one controlling the fate of the werekind?"

"In any case, you are our only chance to defeat Alpha Lucas. If we turn you into one of our kind, we will have a very powerful weapon. We can even crush Alpha Lucas into pieces." He laughs. "And please don't think that you can getaway. We have long put a barrier here. Even Alpha Lucas cannot sense anything."

Do you feel it, Althea?

They indeed put a strong barrier around us. I can break it but I need some time. It seems that they planned this for a long time. Althea tells me.

"So Luna. Don't worry. We will be careful not to inflict too much pain on you as we turn you into a "were-like."" The first elder sneers.