Chapter 25

"Where's my mother?" Elliot quietly asked the man beside him. Honestly, he preferred to see his mother more than this person lazily leaning his on the concrete wall.

The man, however, didn't reply again and just looked down on the bustling city.

"Did she kick you out?" Elliot once again asked. This time, the man gave him an accusing look.

"How can you marry without us?" The man asked him and Elliot raised his brow at him.

The man looked unbelievably handsome. His facial structure was very similar to Elliot but he looked like he was in his early twenties.

Still, immense authority radiated from his body like he owned the whole world.

Precisely, he was Elliot's father, Lucas.

"Didn't you tell me not to call you for three months?" Elliot replied before giving Lucas a defiant look.

"Cheeky pup." Lucas softly muttered as he lazily stretch his back and put his arms behind his head.

Elliot ignored him and stared back at the bustling city.

"Why are you alone here?" Lucas asked him a few minutes later.

Elliot frowned.

"I marked her." He replied.

Lucas looked back at him and raised his brow, as if telling him to continue.

"She doesn't know our kind yet." Elliot sighed before continuing.

"She is a human. She cannot feel this mating pull." He said as he looked down on his own hands which seemed to tremble by the thought of his mate.

"I marked her without her consent. I did not give her a choice. I am.. afraid...
that she will hate me.. and leave me." Elliot softly muttered as the pain became visible in his eyes.

"As I am not as important to her as she is to me." He softly added.

Lucas stared at his son for a few seconds before sighing as if he understood him perfectly.

"It doesn't matter." Lucas told the downcasted Elliot.

"If she leaves then just go after her." Lucas softly added. His eyes seemed to reminisce some painful memory.

Elliot looked at his father. He felt his emotion even when Lucas didn't say anything about it.

His father was right. Iris still had the choice. Upon learning everything.. she could stay with him.. or she could leave him. And if she choose to leave, he would move heaven and earth to convince her to return. But if she still hated him.. he would bare the burden and erase his mark.. even if it meant sacrificing everything that he has.

And.. even if she would leave him.. he could still secretly protect her and love her for the rest of her existence.

Elliot sighed and didn't answer Lucas. The two of them understood each other without talking.

Thus, in a quiet roof top, two unbelievably handsome men sat unmoving. That was until Elliot's phone buzzed. He took out his phone and saw Iris' message.

"E- what is the normal size of a male's phallic?"

Elliot froze for a split of a second before he hurriedly closed the screen and stood up.

Lucas also stood and walked after him. They were quitely going down the stairs when Lucas suddenly said, "My size is probably the same as yours and I can assure you that it's way beyond normal."

Elliot decided to ignore him as he pretended that his father didn't exist.

But, Lucas wasn't done with him and added, "Place that program to mine and Lilly's phone."

..........

Iris woke up from a nap. Earlier, her body was feeling so heavy so she took a nap. This time, however, she surprisingly felt that her whole body was refreshed and very light.

Iris was feeling confused when she saw Elliot sitting beside her while holding her hand.

"How are you feeling?" Elliot carefully asked as he softly combed her hair with his fingers.

Iris took her time checking out her handsome husband. He was comfortably dressed with a white tshirt and gray pants. It looked like he had no plan on coming to work. He looked so delectable but his face showed slight hesitation.

Iris sat up and worriedly asked him, "Did anything happen?"

Elliot looked at his mate's worried face and felt indescribable bliss in his heart. He leaned on her and softly kissed her lips.

"Would you go out with me for dinner tonight? I have something to tell you." He told her tenderly.

Iris' heart beat fast and instantly nodded while thinking, If you asked me with that face.. I'll do anything for you. Oh, yes. That's right! I haven't return to that hotpot place for over a month.

"After work, let's go to the hotpot place in the district near the office." Iris excitedly told him.

In fact, Elliot already prepared a fancy candlelight dinner in a yatch for her. But all those preparations were instantly thrown into the gutter when he saw her twinkling eyes.

"Alright." He smiled at her before realizing something. "After work?" He asked.

It was already ten o'clock in the morning and he assumed that the two of them would not go to work today.

"Of course! It's salary day! My granny used to tell me this golden rule. Rain or fire, whether dead or alive.. one must report to the office during salary day!" Iris energetically told him as she stood up and went to the bathroom to prepare.