Chapter 10

Elliot's life was really like a roller coaster ride.

There were days when he needed to desperately stake his life just to protect those who he cherished.

Then, there were days when he would look into the stars wondering how it felt not to be alone.

And there was a day when he stood at the end of the aisle while waiting for the arrival of his beloved woman.

His soon-to-be his beloved wife.

His beloved mate.

Elliot felt warmth on his chest while anticipating the arrival of his bride.

Meanwhile, the audience couldn't get enough of the groom's appearance.

Normally, in a wedding, the visitors would be eagerly anticipating the arrival of the bride. In this case, however, everyone's eyes didn't look away from the dashing groom. Most of them were even taking stolen pictures of him.

Elliot was still wearing his business suit. The difference now was that he combed his hair up, giving him a sophisticated hairstyle.

He was patiently waiting for the arrival of his bride when he suddenly smirked.

He was the one who told me not to call them for three months. Too bad they missed my wedding. He thought.

This one smirk, however, made the crowd, from the young ones to the elderly, swoon.

Thankfully, a soft and mellow love song was played in the speaker. Elliot took a deep breath as he eagerly looked at the end of the short aisle.

Then, a beautiful figure walked into the aisle.

Iris was wearing a beautiful long white dress and a veil. She had a simple makeup and hairstyle on and neither her dress nor the accessories on her body were expensive. Nevertheless, her beautiful face and bewitching figure made her arguably one of the most beautiful brides in their town.

She walked down the aisle accompanied by her grandmother who was smiling from ear to ear.

Upon seeing Iris in her wedding dress, Elliot, for the first time in his life, felt sweat on his palms and forehead. His heart was beating fast and he was overwhelmed by emotion.

It took all of him to patiently wait for her as she slowly walked down the aisle.

When she finally arrived, Elliot delicately took her hand from her grandmother. His eyes were filled with tenderness and affection as he carefully guided her in front of the stage.

"Everyone, we are gathered here to witness the union of Elliot and Iris." The mayor of their town, who was her grandma's close friend, was officiating their marriage ceremony.

"Now, for the groom, face your bride as you read your wedding vows." The mayor announced.

Elliot's eyes never left Iris the moment she arrived. His brows slightly furrowed when he heard that his eyes had to leave hers to read the vows. Still, he obediently moved his eyes away from her for a second to read the vow.

"I, Elliot Theodore Cox," He softly started while staring deeply into the eyes of Iris.

"..take you, Iris Rose Miller," Elliot added as his eyes tenderly caressed Iris' face.

"..to be my lawful wedded wife," My mate, the love of my existence.

"..to have and to hold from this day forward," I give you my heart, my life, my soul, and everything that I am.

"..for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer," I will do everything in my power to provide for you and love everything that you do.

"..in sickness and health," I will never allow you to be hurt, sick, or suffer.

"..until death do us part." Not even death can take you away from me. Until eternity.

Elliot finished his vow while internally reciting his promises to Iris and his chest was still overflowing with emotions when he heard her whisper.

"Is your name really Elliot too?" She leaned towards him and quietly asked.

Elliot, who was slightly astonished by her question, just helpessly laughed and leaned towards Iris too.

"Focus. The mayor is asking you to recite the vow." He whispered back.

Iris realized that the mayor was telling her to repeat the vow. Elliot was still holding her hand and she was feeling shy to look at his face. So, she decided to look at the paper and read her vows.

"I, Iris Rose Miller, take you..." She stopped midway and looked at Elliot who once again chuckled and leaned towards her ear.

"Elliot Theodore Cox." He whispered his name to her and Iris' body was filled with goosebumps.

Because of this, Iris once again blanked out until Elliot whispered to her once more, "Say my name, baby." He said.

"E..Elliot Theodore Cox..for my lawfully wedded husband..to have and to hold from this day forward..for better, for worse..for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health..until death do us part." Iris finished her vows with her cheeks tinted so red.

"Very good." Elliot's stare seemed to burn Iris who looked down from embarrassment.

The mayor and some of the audiences laughed at their interaction which made Iris hang her head more.

"I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The mayor proclaimed and Iris felt her whole body burned a little bit hotter.

This is the last chapter for now. I will upload two chapters every sunday for this story. Thank you very much for reading <3