Chapter Forty-Nine

Lucas

"Let's- ahem. I mean let's.. continue our lunch. Yeah."

My cute mate stutters. Her whole face is red and her eyes are a bit teary as if she has suffered injustice. And this is because she feels so embarrassed that we hugged each other in front of, well, almost all of the werewolves in the world.

And how did she react with my killing earlier?

She thought I was amazing.

I couldn't even see a hint of fear in her eyes. It was just full of worship and amazement. She even 'swept' my mess for me. This reaction of her is indeed contrary to the reactions of all the other wolves around.

My pack is better. Though for just a bit, they have seen me in action before. Although their eyes are also full of worship, they don't hold fear. On the other hand, fear, disbelief, and more fear are contained in the eyes of all other wolves.

They have heard rumors.

The five-year-old Alpha of the Black Mist Pack survived the attack of a thousand rogues. All of the rogues were burnt into crisp.

Did they think that an eighteen year old me is also capable of doing the same?

Of course not.

Now I burn and turn the enemies into ashes.

And truth be told, I think that Lilly's earlier action of "sweeping my mess for me" has added to their fear. The Alpha burnt twenty thousand opponents into ashes and Luna swept the ashes by using the wind.

Lilly's show of power is not a bit less amazing than what I did. But more to that, her reaction to my killings sends chills to their spines.

A cold hearted Alpha with an equally cold hearted Luna. This thought only makes me chuckle.

"Alpha." Tristan calls as I approach my pack. His eyes are filled with..worship?

I give him a glare which stops him from saying whatever he is going to say before I follow my adorable mate who is determined to hide behind the trees.

x x x

True to her words, Lilly indeed finishes her lunch after the fiasco. She gulfs everything that I give to her while her face is still filled with bashfulness. She is still very embarrassed about what happened and seems to have forgotten about the fight.

Also, she seems to be holding a grudge against me because she refused to say even a word to me. I sigh. I guess there is nothing that I can do except giving her a bit of time and space. After this, I will definitely hold her to my heart's content.

It is after lunch that I feel familiar auras arrive within the vicinity. I excuse myself to Lilly who is still ignoring me and run to the east. I find an isolating barrier and enter it.

"Alpha Lucas." An elderly voice is transmitted to my ears the moment I enter the barrier. Immediately, I see a tall figure wearing a huge black cloak which covers even his face.

"Second Elder has been around here for a while." I acknowledge the voice.

"We really cannot hide anything from you." A younger voice sounds. Soon, another figure wearing the same black cloak appears before my sight. This figure is almost identical to the first figure.

"I was here last night. I even scanned each section of this forest with my aura. There is no reason for me to not find out." I say as a matter of fact.

"Only you can discover our concealed aura." Another aged voice arrives. Then, two more black cloaked figures arrive.

"That is but natural." I reply.

"I, along with the third and the fourth elder, returned to Nia Castle. We left the second elder to look over the forest." The first elder says. In fact, I already know that only three of them went back right after the gathering.

"Is he that person?" I ask without emotion. The other four quickly realize my question and reply just as fast.

"Yes. He was Alpha Vincent Willis, the son of Gene Willis. The mastermind of the ambush against your parents." The first elder replies. His sentence was carefully spoken.

Truth be told, I didn't just torture him for no other reason but to fulfill a promise. Back when I caught my parent's attacker, I promised him that I would put his bastard's son through a very painful death.

He was actually lucky that I let him off easily. His dad is still suffering unimaginable pain in one of the prisons of Nia Castle.

"We knew it was him, hence we let him approach near." The second elder say and I subtly nod.

"The barrier on those human cities?" I inquire.

"It has been done. We secretly asked Alpha Sebastian to carry on the plan. He sneaked in the human leader's forum. The humans were made to believe that the northern continent is filled with terrorists and the people were quickly evacuated. The first elder and I has set up an invisible barrier on the boundaries." The fourth elder says. His voice is the youngest of them. It sounds like someone who is in his mid to late twenties. Among the four were-council, he joined a few years before I was taken in by them.

"And the tracking?"

"It's still being done. The Howling Moon Pack has mobilized its special force that is led by Alpha Tane. They are still in the process of sniffing the tracks of the "were-likes." It is the first elder who answers me.

"Good." I comment before turning to look at the four figures beside me. "Then, we will proceed as planned." I tell them.

The four of them simultaneously bow their heads. "Yes."

I nod at them in return. The four figures stood straight, and soon each except the first elder disappeared.

"You have worked hard." I tell him. The figure slightly trembles before putting his hand on his chest.

"It's our job to assist you." His voice is filled with sincerity. "My King."