Chapter Eleven

A Trip To The Dungeon

Lucas

"The attackers last night were fifty rouges and two hundred and fifty unidentified creatures." Peters, the former beta, says.

Honestly, I am quite relieved that he let his son, Tristan, take over his position. In other packs, the shift of powers is done one time only. When the new alpha takes over, his beta and the next generations of ranks take over along with him. This was not followed in my pack because I became the alpha thirteen years ago when I was only five years old.

At that time, my beta, Tristan, is also only five. This is the same with Ron, my gamma. My blood boils whenever I think of that scum. Well, my blood boils whenever I see each of their faces.

Because of them, I almost lost my mate. How dare they treat their luna that way. If I didn't know that it would hurt Lilly too, I would have inflicted them much more physical harm.

Speaking of my Lilly, she is obediently sitting on my side. I feel a twitch inside my heart when I see her grab the hem on my t-shirt that she is currently wearing. She looks very uncomfortable and is falling out of place.

My angel, if you only knew.

"These creatures are vicious, and they look like animals inflicted with some strange disease. They look like they have no control over their own will. It is obvious that there is someone controlling them. Furthermore, they seem to not feel anything. Their wounds heal at a very fast rate. If alpha did not come and took care of them, I'm afraid we would have casualties."

I know that they had been waiting for the opportunity to ask this question since last night. Their eager faces are showing how curious they are regarding the technique I used in killing those lunatics.

"Those creatures are called wolf-like creatures." I explain..

"They are neither wolves nor human. They are previous werewolves, like us, but were forcefully robbed out of their humanity and wolves. What's left to them are only a shell of their wolves. You are correct when you say that they are being controlled by someone."

"Who could do such an inhumane thing?!" A kid with bright blonde hair and green eyes exclaims.

"They are being controlled by black magic." I state and everyone looks shell shocked. I can't blame them. No one really knows how to use magic in this era.

"I am uncertain on who did this, and who orchestrated the attack last night. One thing is for sure, the mastermind had a connection with the rogues, and they have the ability to control black magic."

"Yesterday, when I called everyone to the meeting hall, I placed a barrier within the pack's area." Murmurs of disbelief are heard.

"Alpha, you also know.. magic?" Peters asked.

"Yes." I shortly replied. I glance at my Lilly who looks so adorably confused. I internally chuckle. Yesterday, when I told her about the barrier, she didn't think anything about it and thought it was nothing but normal. How cute.

"And that energy you used to kill these wolf-like creatures?"

"Yes, that was magic." I admit.

Everyone murmurs and some look at each other. Their eyes displaying disbelief and bewilderment. These slow pokes.

I look at my mate who is looking at me with her little pout. She is probably thinking why these slow pokes are astonished. I want to kiss her right now.

I reach out my hand to take her hand. I bring it to my lips and give her palm a kiss. Smelling her scent isn't good for my self-control. I run my tongue a little on her palm to get a sample of her exquisite taste. Hell and damnation. I want to devour her.