Chapter 32

The mall located in the city center was as usual, very crowded. This success could be mainly attributed to its high-quality but affordable items. Thus, it had been the general public's favorite ever since it was opened.

Iris and Lilly were inside the big department store of that crowded mall and were looking at some shirts.

"Does your husband like printed shirts?" Iris asked Lilly while she was looking at some of the statement shirts on the hangers.

"I'm not sure.. he mostly wears plain shirts." Lilly answered her as she looked at the print of one of the t-shirts which reads, "I'm Your King 🤴 You're My Queen👸".

"I see... I think this one fits my hubby!" Iris exclaimed as she showed Lilly a black shirt which said, "I'm Sexy and I Know It."

Lilly blanked for a few seconds before chuckling and saying, "I think that looks... nice."

Iris excitedly smiled as she put the shirt in her cart. "It would be better if my hubby is here to try it on." She said as she thought of making Elliot model the shirts tonight.

Iris didn't see it, but Lilly sent an affectionate smile towards her.

The two of them already had a couple of men's shirts in their carts. So, they decided to move to the other section of the store.

Suddenly, Iris stopped walking when they were in the section selling underwear.

"Uhm. Lilly.. do you mind if we look fast at their items here?" She quietly asked as she pointed at the men's underwear.

Hints of pink suddenly appeared on Lilly's face as if she remembered something embarrassing. After a few seconds, she nodded at Iris with determination.

Truthfully, Iris was also a little shy in coming to this section. After all, this would be the first time that she would shop for a man's underwear. However, she couldn't stop her naughty mind on thinking how Elliot would look if he wore black, sexy, and tiny boxer shorts.

Thus, the crowd couldn't help but notice the two seemingly elegant and beautiful ladies surreptitiously looking for some men's boxers.

Unfortunately, the two ended up their mission fast with disappointed faces.

Those boxers looked too.. little. My hubby's...elephant will not fit in there.. Iris thought.

Surprisingly, inside Lilly's mind, she also asked, Isn't their XL size still quite small?

.......

The two had fun looking around the department store and chose a couple of items.

When they were lining in the cashier's counter, Iris was surprised to see a shining black card inside her wallet.

Is this the legendary black card? She thought. Her heart throbbed as she looked left and right to check if someone else saw it. It would be scary if she gets robbed and loses the card. She wouldn't be able to replace it!

Iris' heart started to slow down when she saw everything was normal around her. However, her eyes bulged so wide when she saw Lilly handling the similar black card to the cashier while elegantly saying, "I didn't bring enough cash but this card should cover it?"

The cashier's eyes turned wide as well as her hand shook when she received the card. Then, she carefully swiped it and returned it to Lilly.

The manager probably heard that a super rich girl was shopping in their ordinary department store and went over to greet her. Then, she gave Lilly a dozen gift checks which Lilly received as if she didn't care about. This impressed everyone in the scene.

Lilly, on the other hand, bit her lip and was a little embarrassed about the situation. That card had been in her wallet for a long time and she never thought that it would cause this kind of reaction if used. She didn't know what to say, thus, she just gracefully nodded at them. It seemed effective because the manager instantly stopped talking. Lilly gave a small sigh of relief and looked at Iris. However, Iris'expression stunned her.

Iris was looking at Lilly as if she found a rare gem. Her eyes were twinkling so brightly as they worshipped Lilly. It was only for a few seconds but Lilly saw it too well. Then, Iris' expression went back to normal as she looked at the cashier and imitated the way Lilly elegantly took out her black card. Then, she also gracefully gave it to the trembling cashier while saying, "I also didn't bring lots of cash but this should be fine."

......

After their items were paid, Lilly and Iris went to a jewelry store. They were currently looking at the men's ring section.

"I think this will fit my hubby." Iris commented as she examined a white gold ring. Iris lifted her hand to place it beside her ring.

"The bases are both white gold and they look good together." Iris smiled before sighing. "Although they are not of the same quality. The ring he gave me is just too precious."

Lilly looked at Iris' hand and smiled. "That is indeed a beautiful ring. To give that ring to another is tantamount to taking an oath of eternal love." She softly said.

"Ah? You recognize this ring?" Iris was surprised.

"....I read it somewhere. I think it's true." Lilly smiled at her.

Iris played with her ring for a while before murmuring, "An oath of eternal love.. that would be nice if it's true."

Her mother likewise said that she loved her. But, she still left her and her father while saying, "You're not good enough." From then on, Iris started trying to be perfect.. to be good enough. Still, her mother never returned.

Lilly felt Iris' change of mood so she took the ring that Iris was looking at and said, "This ring does look like a pair to yours."

Iris looked up. She checked the tag and her heart felt pain when she saw the price.

"What's wrong?" Lilly curiously asked.

"I don't have enough money right now." Iris embarrassedly said.

"Can't use your card?" Lilly asked.

"It's not a gift if I use his money.." Iris chuckled. "My husband is so rich and I can't afford the things he gave me. But if I use my whole savings to give him this ring.. doesn't it mean that I will give something that equates my whole fortune?" She added.

"I understand. Then, will you buy it?" Lilly replied and Iris nodded. "In the next few days, I will receive my annual bonus. I will have enough to buy this then!" She cheerfully said.

Lilly gave her a soft smile and said, "I also want to give my husband a ring. We don't have wedding rings yet." She said as she looked at her bare fingers.

"But, I don't have my own money." Lilly frowned a little.

"Oh? You don't work, Lilly?" Iris curiously asked.

"I... work.. I guess. But I don't receive a salary. I was only given the card." She replied.

"Ah! You work in a family corporation?" Iris eyes twinkled again while thinking that Lilly is really a rich young lady.

"You can.. say that. But now, I also want to get my own money so I can buy us rings." Lilly dignifiedly said.

"Oh.." Iris looked at Lilly as if she was thinking. "Then, would you like me to introduce you to some online teaching job?"