Chapter Fifty

Lilly

"Then, what should we do?"

"Should we make this formation?"

"What is your opinion, Alpha Lucas?"

"We are counting on you, Alpha Lucas."

This conversation has been going on for several minutes now. Since we have arrived in the assigned place, the other alphas have automatically gathered around Lucas and kept on asking him questions. I think it is safe to say that they are looking at him as the leader. It is also safe to say that everyone thinks that he is the most capable of leading the werewolves in this war.

Lucas, on the other hand, is as usual stingy with his words. He just casually nods whenever he agrees with something and looks expressionless most of the time. However, in his eyes, there is a flash of annoyance. He must be thinking that what is happening is really troublesome.

"Lilly? Can you come over here?" I hear Lucas' velvet voice and find him staring at me. There is quiet a distance between us as I am sitting beside the door of the tent erected by the pack and Lucas is sitting next to the huge table that someone brought. Around him are about fifty alphas and some betas. It seems that Alpha Sebastian and Alpha Tane are not yet present but I see that Alpha Craig and Alpha Brandon are already here.

"Mmm?" I wonder why he is calling me over. They are obviously having an important war meeting. I take hesitant steps towards him. When I approach near, Lucas takes my hand and guides me to sit next to him. Once seated, I see that the other alphas are eyeing me. This would normally make me very embarrassed. Surprisingly, however, I feel a sense of belongingness in this group. I returned the gazes given to me and noticed that some of the alphas were looking at me with.. expectation?

"The plan, can you look at it?" I hear a soft voice beside me and find that Lucas is tenderly looking at me.

"Plan?"

"Yes." Lucas replies and puts a huge paper in front of me. "The forest is here. All werewolves are almost here. Here are the human towns." He points to the map in front of me. I look at it and it seems very... modern? In fact, it looks like a printed GPS.

"We are facing the "were-likes," but it's not the main threat." He adds before looking at me as if expecting me to deduct the sentence myself and... give him some advice?

"You.. want me to advise you how to catch the sorcerer behind the attacks while defending the front to prevent any casualties?" I hesitantly ask.

"Yes." Lucas proudly replies. A slight smirk is starting to form on his lips. Catching the sorcerer.. shouldn't we send trackers? The werewolves are fine for now, since our defense after gathering together is great. But the humans..

"We must track them fast. Get the Howling Moon Pack to track the sorcerer. Secretly mobilize the Coiling Blood Pack to influence the humans to go south. Keep a barrier here on the north so that instead of us being surrounded, we will imprison them." I absent-mindedly say.

Immediately, silence envelopes the surroundings.

I look up and see the alphas looking at me weirdly. I turn to look at Lucas and see surprise flicker in his pupils. But.. how come he is surprised?

"What do you mean by influence, Luna Lilly?" I hear someone ask. I look at the young looking alpha sitting about five seats from me.

Influence? Isn't it that Coiling Blood Pack can hypno-

Wait.

How did I.. know of it? And also.. about the Howling Moon's Pack's special ability to track.