Chapter 15

It was saturday morning and the birds were chirping happily. The sun was grinning in the sky, as if it didn't rain the night before.

It was a beautiful day. However, Micka was in a very foul mood.

She was having breakfast in her grandmother's kitchen. But, instead of focusing on her food, her eyes were staring at the bouquets of flowers proudly displayed by her grandmother. More specifically, her eyes couldn't move away from the shiny diamonds on the vases.

Last night, during their wedding, Iris and her husband gave away these bouquets. At first, she thought that the diamonds in the vases were fake. After all, they have given more than a hundred bouquets.. and each vase has at least 50 small diamonds!

Micka was a diamond enthusiast. She loved diamonds and knew everything about them. Thus, she would know right away if the stones were real or not.

Thus, last night, she hurriedly claimed her bouquet to take a look. To her horror, she found that each and every diamond on the vase she was holding were very real and were even high quality diamonds!

Everyone in the wedding basically received tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds as a souvenir!

Micka felt her body was thrown in a cold ocean. She couldn't even start imagining how much each vase cost. But to give away a hundred of them? She felt like fainting.

Who even told her that Iris' husband was poor? He seemed like he could own a country or two!

Her speculation was even confirmed when she saw the car that was waiting for them. Wasn't that car the one that cost at least Eighteen Million Dollars?! The one that Liam fantasized about?!

Micka's head started pounding as she gritted her teeth in anger. She couldn't understand how Iris managed to snatch that kind of man!

Micka felt like she was going crazy. Thankfully, a knock sounded from the door and saved her from smashing her coffee mug.

She tidied her appearance and went to answer her grandmother's door. To her surprise, a beautiful woman wearing an immaculate suit was standing at the door. Beside her were her neighbors... who looked like they wanted to get gossip.

Micka subconsciously tidied her hair before giving the woman a smile.

"Hello. Do you need anything?" She politely asked as she heard her grandma walking over.

"Yes. We would like to speak with Ms. Rosalind Miller?" The woman asked while smiling at her grandmother.

"That would be me." Her grandmother smiled back.

"Good morning, Ms. Miller. I am a representative of J.Hillary law firm. Our client, Mr. Cox, would like to send you this letter." The woman professionally stated.

Her grandmother took the card to read it. Micka also curiously leaned to her grandmother to read the handwritten card before her eyes turned as wide as saucers.

Dearest grandmother,

Thank you for hosting our wonderful wedding. My heart is eternally grateful to you.

I fell in love with your yard where we held my wedding to my beautiful Iris. As such, I asked my lawyers to buy for you the surrounding land to extend it. In the future, we can also hold the birthday parties of our children there.

Your loving grandson,

Elliot

Micka was speechless and stunned silly.

"The.. surrounding land?" Her grandmother asked hesitantly and looked at the houses of her neighbors beside her house.

"Yes." The woman smiled and used her fingers to point left and right of her grandmother's house. "We already obtained the land five miles from the left of your house and six miles from the right." She cheerfully declared while the neighbors, who supposedly owned those lands, were happily nodding and giving her grandmother a thumbs up.