Priority Part 37

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and singing.  I looked at my clock on my bedside table.  I have overslept.  I was over-excited last night and my thoughts were all over the place, I remember my clock said twelve o'clock at the last time I checked.

I recapped while I'm undressing for my shower.  I'm an author now, which means I'll have to spend at least one hour a day on research and working on my next story.

I felt refreshed and dress quickly when I heard my mom calling from the dining room.  "What took you so long this morning?"  She asked when I joined them.

"I'm sorry, I'm kind of overthinking and planning at the same time.  I guess I will have to change my schedule."

"You're not thinking of spending less time on your schoolwork, do you?"  I couldn't help to laugh at her concerned look.

"I'll rather rise an hour earlier, but I'm going to make my writing schedule my first priority, after all, it is my career we are talking about."

"I'm glad to hear that, and we are so proud of you," she smiled.

"I'll make an appointment with Patsy for tomorrow, I hope she will have a good story to share with me."

"I'm sure she will," Grandma added, "after all, she is working with your main characters each and every day."

"I guess that's true, I'm so lucky to have her in my life and she is always super excited about the characters."

It was really nice to see Patsy again even if it was on zoom and I told her so.

"Wow! the same here, especially because you were on my mind the whole week since I met Percy."

"Who is Percy and what reminds you of me?"  I moved toward my desk and grab a pen and my notebook.

"He is a real stray and literally emerged from the gutters, I'll send you a picture."

I glanced at my phone when I received the message.  A tiny kitten with blue eyes and clumps of white hair appears on my phone. 

"Awe!  Where did you find him?"

"We saw him emerging from a gutter of a building near our veterinary, he was so tiny and fragile, and so frightened.  It took us three days to capture him."

"Awe, he must have been so scared, so tiny and all alone in this big wide world."

"Yes, he was, we've put a little bit of milk in a dish near the gutter, it took about five minutes for him to emerge from his hiding place.  Alas, the moment George started to move towards him, he took off and disappeared into the gutter."

"What did you do next?"

"We left him some milk and food and left him to be.  The next day we found both dishes empty and filled them up.  We waited, and after a few minutes, he appeared.  We did not dare to move, he was so hungry, he gulped up everything and retired to his gutter.  We didn't want to frighten him again, so we left it for the next morning."

"How did you capture him?"

"We used a cage and left the bowls with fresh milk and food inside the cage.  It was raining and he was all wet and cold when he emerged from the gutter, we waited until he finished the milk before George closed the door."

"Poor little thing, he must have been so cold and hungry."

"He was also anxious and frightened and screamed and scratched the sides of the cage.  George had to put on his gloves to take him out of the cage.  He held him while I gave him an injection to calm him down, The mild anesthetic calmed him enough to give him a nice hot bath, and the necessary injections for rabies and cat flue."

"What happened when he woke up?"

"He filled his belly with Tuna and milk and napped the whole day, yesterday I tried to play with him with a winding-up mouse, and he reacted like a healthy kitten, I think he will be all good to go to the SPCA tomorrow."

"Awe, thank you so much, Patsy, I will love to write Percy's story, tell me about the name."

"He kind of reminded us of the Persian breed with his blue eyes."

"Awe, that's awesome, thank you so much, goodbye and enjoy your day."

"You too, see you soon."