Discouraged Part 35

I heard the birds chirping outside my window, it's my cue to get out of bed to face the day, but I buried my head in my duvet and closed my eyes, it would be nice to sleep the whole day.

Why, what's wrong with me? I can't deal with this feeling of loss, a gnawing pain eating my insides and made me feel numb and listless.

I tried to concentrate on my schedule for the day:  I need to finish an assignment and I wanted to write a chapter of my novel.  My thoughts went to Theo, why is it so hard to think of me being in love with him. 

 Of course Inola, you are just a teenager in a wheelchair what value can you add to his life?  You have to accept who you are and stop dreaming.  With that reprimand I got out of bed, I need to face the day.

The hot shower relaxed my muscles, but not the dull ache in my heart, and a sad song of Jody Wayne made itself at home in my mind "Why must I be a teenager in love."

I started my assignment after breakfast and it kept my mind occupied for about two hours.  We had our tea in the garden.  The signs of Fall are visible. All over the garden leaves are turning from bright yellow and orange to bronze and brown.  It filled me with nostalgia, winter is on the way, and the whole world is infected with a deadly virus.

"Fourteen people died already from the virus, all of them related to two clusters, one a wedding and the other an old-age residence," Dad updated us with the latest news.  And my heart is broken.  I sighed.

"Aren't you looking forward to tomorrow Inola?"  Grandma asked.

"I do, I'm a bit worried about the dressing up part, I've never done that before," I lied.

"Oh," Mom said, "Beth phoned, she said she will be here at eleven with your dress for a fitting session."

"Why didn't she text me?"

"She said she did, but you didn't answer her.  She phoned to make sure you receive the message."

I grabbed my phone from my pocket:  "she did message me but my phone is on silent, I must have put it on silent to do my assignment."

"Oh, it's okay here she is already," Mom said as Beth came walking towards us, the plum-colored dress draped over her arm.

  She smiled at me; "I'll love to see you in this, let's go to your room."  She helped me into the dress and stared with me in the mirror.  The V neckline looks perfect and shows just enough flesh for a pendant, and the color-enhanced my skin perfectly.

"Wow, you look amazing, though I'll have to pin it off under your arms, lift this arm for me, that's perfect, now the other one.  You are going to look stunning."

I smiled at her, "I don't know why I worried that much, you and your mom came up  with the perfect solution, I'm feeling like a princess."

"You are our princess," she said as she hugged me.  "you are going to look stunning."