The Photoshoot Part 36

Mom, Beth and, I reached the offices at ten minutes to ten and were welcomed by two well-dressed women and a young guy with a camera and a tripod.  He was busy setting up the tripod when we entered and he greeted us with a nod and a smile.

Rona, one of the women introduced us to Caty, Willy, and herself, and mom introduced us to them.

"Sit down, let's talk about the contract, while Willy prepares for the photos.  First of all, congratulations Inola, you are a promising author and we feel honored to help you to start your career."

I smiled at her, "I can only be thankful for this opportunity and promise I'll do the best I can."

"You have already proved to be successful, did you know that Oscar got placed into a loving and caring home?" I nodded. "Due to your story on our pamphlet, he is a very happy little guy today.  We are planning to publish twenty-seven of those stories in the future and you will be the author."

I suck my breath, twenty-seven stories, Patsy I need your help big time.

"Don't get anxious, it will be spread over twenty-seven months." Caty comforted me.

"I think I can handle that, it's a great opportunity,"  I said, giving my mom a sidelong look as she started to read the contract that she needs to sign together with me.

After fifteen minutes that felt like an hour, she looked me in the eyes and said:  "Inola, this is a great opportunity, do you think you are ready for it?"  I smiled at her and nod my head, why did I feel like I am choking as I saw her signing the paper.

She shoved it over to me and show me where to sign.  Rona gave us a copy and directed us over to Willy.  "We need a few photos of you, you can choose the one you like best for your profile photo."

Willy is a pleasant guy.  "Let's show you off to the world,"  I smiled at him and he replied, "I guess they never have seen such a gorgeous smile before, relax, and be yourself, you are a natural."

"Look at the window, that is beautiful, can you see the smiley face on the wall behind me," he clicked when I smiled, "look at Rona," Rona smiled when she heard her name, and I spontaneously returned it.

"You make it so much fun, it feels like working with a natural model, can I have another four?"  I couldn't help to laugh out hard at his pleading face and he took two shots of that.  "I want your mother and sister here at my back."

I caught my mom's encouraging smile and returned it with one of my own, and he captured it. Beth's eyes told me "you are doing well sis," and he took another one.

"This was so much fun, I loved it.  I need your telephone number to send them to you after I edited them.  You can choose which one to use as a profile photo. I'm glad I'm not you, I surely wouldn't know which one to choose." 

I gave him my phone number.  "Thank you, I'll be in touch", he said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Wow!  That was intense,"  Beth said as we got into the car.  "I can't wait to see all those photos."

"Shall we celebrate by taking away ice cream for all of us?"  Mom asked.

"Yes,"  Beth and I answered simultaneously, and mom laughed. Nothing better than ice cream to cool us down.