Like the duck Part 1

"I thought it was a good story, why did they decline it?"  Inola asked with a desperate tone in her voice.

"I thought it too, maybe it was just not what they have been looking for at that specific stage.  It's a short story and it's well written, so keep it for later use and write another.  Don't give up, maybe you should write about yourself, you have a remarkable story to tell, try it, people like to read stories based on the truth."  Beth said with an encouraging smile.

"I'll think about that and if I decide to do it I want you to edit it for me, will you?

"I will be delighted to do it,"  Beth answered with a smile.

"It's such a beautiful day after all the rain, look that duck in the pond, he enjoys himself, it seems as if he is walking on the water.  Thank you for bringing me out for a picnic.  It's lovely outside."

"I could think of nothing better to do with my spare time while James and Jason are working on a project.  We needed to catch up, didn't we?  A lot has happened since our last visit and we are sisters now.  We need to make time for each other."

"I always dreamed of having a sister, I'm so privileged and you did so much to help me, can we do this every week, just a get together once a week to catch up, it will mean so much to me."

"We will have to, it's a deal if the weather is not nice we can visit my mom or you can visit my home or I can visit your place.

"That sounds perfect and I won't mind if you bring my brother with you, I can't expect you to leave him alone and I miss him too."

"That has been taken care of, we are invited for dinner on Saturday night and I told mom that I will bring a salad," Beth answered with a smile.

"Mom said she is thinking about home studying for next year, do you think I would be able to do it?"

"How do you feel about it?  You made a lot of progress on your own this year.  You might miss your friends from school, but you might have some spare time to write."

"I've got only one friend that I will really miss, I can go and visit her over weekends or Lyla can come and visit me.  We can have a lot of fun together, like swimming.  I should invite her during the holidays to see if it could work."

"It might work better than you think.  Remember if you struggle with school work, I'm still here and would love to help you."

"It's still a tough decision to make, it can be depressing to be alone for a whole day, you know, especially when you're busy with something as challenging as the senior school."

"I realize that but studying is the way to go and there are advantages like being able to work according to your own time schedule with less interference."

"That's true.  I guess I will end up like that duck, having the whole pond to himself."

"See it this way: what you put in is going to be what you get out and if you need some company after school, I can always mark my books at your place or you can visit me with some of your schoolwork.  We'll keep in touch and solve the problems one by one."