More than I could ask for. Part 48

"Hi, look at me!  You are a very courageous girl and unique in so many ways.  Promise me that you will never let a wheelchair define who you are."

"I was talking about you," I said stubbornly.

"And I'm talking about us, we are already a great team, and we have provided about sixty children with wheelchair trays.  More than that, you are very special to me.  I feel happy and confident in your company.  I only need to think of you to put a smile on my lips.  In short, Inola, you make me happy, tell me that you believe me and that you will be my girlfriend, will you?"

I draw my breath, I'm dreaming, did I hear it right?  Did he ask me the question that I've been dreaming of for so long?  Are my dreams really coming true?  I must have stared at him for he suddenly took both my hands in his and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Please say yes!"  I nodded.

Then my voice came rasping through my throat, can it be so difficult to say:  "Yes."

The next moment I felt like flying through the air, my feet dangled and my body crushed into his with a tight hug.

"I owe you a happy dance, remember?  What is the song you wanted to sing when you danced that happy dance of yours?"

I swallowed, should I say it?  I felt the heat spreading through my entire body as I stumbled:  "I'm on the top of the world."

"Mmmm, it goes like this:  I'm on top of the world looking down on creation and the only explanation I can find, is the love I found ever since you've been around, you just put me on the top of the world."  He sings while he danced with me in his arms on the lyrics.  I couldn't help myself, I just joined in, this is so much more than I could have dreamed of.

"Wow, this is it, the connection that everyone hinted about, we just have it, promise me that we're going to do this happy dance as often as we feel happy," his smile is genuine and it warmed my heart towards him.  

I smiled as I said:  "I'm always happy to do it." He slowly let me glide into my wheelchair and kissed me softly on my cheek.

"Aren't we going to have some tea?  Mom asked from the door and I remembered that I was on my way to put the kettle on, I told her so, as I wheeled myself towards the kettle.

"I don't blame you for getting a little distracted," she giggled at my red face.  "Here are some fresh-baked blackberry and apple muffins," and she put the plate filled with muffins on the table.

"It smells divine,"  Theo compliments while taking a plate to help himself to one, while I filled the teapot with hot water.

"Could you do his website?"  Mom asked.

"The first part is done, we need to do the landing page and the rest after tea, and make another appointment for the shop or we can see how far we can get, we might be able to finish everything if he can stay for dinner."

"Of course he can stay for dinner, then he can taste my Chicken a, la King."

"That will be nice, I don't have anything else to do," Theo answered.