My Present Part 18

"Here we are, that is yours,"   Theo said, placing a blue parcel on Lyla's lap.

"You will love this," Lyla said placing the parcel on my lap with a big smile on her face.

I opened it to find a beautiful vanity case with all kinds of make-up and face and hand cream inside. "Oh, this is so beautiful!  You're the best, thank you so much, come here for a hug,"  I cried, pulling her in and giving her a hug.

"It's my pleasure, don't forget you are my special friend and you so much deserve it."

"Here is my present for you,"  Theo said with a smile, "let me help you set it up."  He moved toward me and put something that looked like a tray made of fine grit in front of me.  It has a tiny lip on my side and two clamps on either side, resting on the armrests of the wheelchair.  He clamped the front ones into position and then he showed me how to move the back ones to change the angle of the tray.

"Where is your laptop?"

"In my room," I said with a nervous smile.  His closeness made the blood rushing to my face.  I feel so blessed and in debt at the same time.  Needless to say, I feel a little bit overwhelmed.

"I'll get it for you," Lyla offered with a smile and I nodded thankfully.  I breathed in deep when Theo shifted his attention to the clamps at the back to adjust the height.

Lyla put the laptop on the tray and I opened it, it allowed me to sit up straight and work comfortably on my lap.  The angle is just perfect.  "Thank you so much, it is just perfect,"  I threw my arms around his neck as he bends over to check and I hugged him planting spontaneously a kiss on his cheek.  For a moment his eyes met mine, my appreciation written all over my face.  There was something like adoration in his eyes.

"Thank you so much, this is the best day of my life!"  I cried, "you will never be able to imagine how much this means to me."

"Wow, did you design this?"  Beth asked Theo.

"Yes, and I made it."

"You mean you can manufacture it."

"Yes."

"Can we place orders?"

"It's custom made so in order to take orders I'll have to take measurements, but as you see for yourself it can be done."

"Inola, may I take a photo?"  Theo asked, "I would like to show it to my tutor and I might want to use it for advertising purposes with your permission.

"As long as I can edit it, I owe you so much,"  I said with a big smile as the flash went off.

"Wow, that's a very nice one!"  Beth squealed as she peaked over Theo's shoulder.

"Let me see?"  I'm pleasantly surprised at my own photo and at that moment I was glad I decided to wear my yellow dress that morning.

"I don't want to push it, but would you mind giving me your phone number, I would like to follow up with you to see how it works.  I'll message you so that you can message me if there is any problem,"  Theo said with an adorable smile.