Special Times Part 28

"What are you doing Dad?"  I asked as my Dad turned my wheelchair around and steered it outside to the garden.

"I've got something to show you, and I know you will love it."  As we moved outside the door, a beautiful new wooden ramp welcomed me.  It stretched deep into the garden, where mom's growing tunnel is situated, and ends into a nice open deck with a lovely wooden table.  Around the table were five chairs and Grandma was sitting on one of them.

"This is lovely, is that what kept you busy for the last few weeks?" 

He just laughed and squeezed my hand, "I'm just going to fetch the tea," he said as he turned on his heels.

"Don't forget to bring the sugar,"  I called after him when I realized that I haven't put the sugar on the tray after I have made the tea.

"Oh!  Is it time for tea?"  Mom looked surprised as she approached us from the tunnel with gardening gloves and a streak of mud over her face.  "I'll be back in a minute, I just have to clean up," she said and walked off to the laundry.

"This is going to be so nice, having tea here in the garden.  I can even read my book here,"  Grandma said with a satisfied smile.

"And you can do your website here, then you can easily get hold of your Mother if you need her input," Dad said while putting the tray in the center of the table.

"That will be of great help since I have to put the plants in the store.  I would like to show Mom the progress and I will need her input.  Thank you so much, Dad!  The best of all is that we can all share these special times together in the fresh air."

"That is your Dad's clever plan to get your Granny and you outside in the fresh air before the winter starts," Mom smiles as she sat down.  "This cup of tea is going to be so nice," she says while she fills the cups from the pot.

"Well Daddy, your plan is going to work, Granny and I have already decided that we are going to use it as much as we can."

"How is Theo doing with his business?" Mom asked.

"I'm not sure, he said he will let me know when I can email the invoices, but I haven't heard anything from him, so I suppose he is still busy."

"It is a big job, did you say he has to make twenty trays?"

"Yes, and I'm not sure if he will be able to deliver it in level four lockdown."

"It is going on for three weeks now, we can only hope that we will be able to move to level three soon," Mom said. I think I'm going to need some potting soil from the hardware store to replant my seedlings.

"That depends if they will allow them to open under level three.  It's bad for those elderly people in the home that were infected by the virus, sadly one of them died," Dad updated us with the news.

"I'm so glad we have our Granny save and sound with us,"  I smiled and squeezed my Grandma's hand.

"Yes I'm thankful too,"  Mom said with a warm smile.