Change Part 27

After working through about a dozen "YouTube" tutorials about websites I sat staring at my laptop screen and sighed.

"What's the matter young lady, don't tell me your schoolwork is getting too much?"  Mom's voice startled me.

"No mom, luckily this is not my schoolwork, but it's a lot of work and I'm not sure if I would be able to manage.  Maybe I should practice on your's first.  I saw a nice template of a plant shop in one of the tutorials that James suggested.  I can try that if you don't mind."

You're welcome, just give me an indication of what it will cost."

"There is a registration fee involved and you can save on it by registering for a year."

"That makes sense."

"I'll show you the details,"  I said opening the website on my laptop.  Mom looked impressed.

"That's not bad at all, I'll gladly pay it.  You can go-ahead I will love to see the progress.

"Thank you Mom, I'll do my best."

I worked through a few more tutorials before I registered Mira's Plant shop online. I found a nice template of a plant shop and began to change the details just to find out that it's not easy at all.

A week later I was still struggling between the template and the tutorials and I wished my brother and Beth was part of our bubble.  James would have known exactly what to do and Beth would have cheered me on.  I decided to message James to tap his knowledge.

"Well if you are already thus far, you can tap yourself on the shoulder, my little sister.  It takes students weeks to manage this.  You'll have to ask Mom to start taking photos of the plants."

"I will, thank you for the help, how is Beth doing?"

"She is cooking up a storm, but I'm afraid tomorrow is my turn.  I learned to make baked potatoes, maybe I'll fry some sausages with it."

"I'm missing you, can we zoom tonight?"

"Sure, we'll make it at seven." I can't help being excited, it feels like I haven't talked to them for months, but the lock-down only started last Wednesday at midnight, the twenty-third of March.

"Hi Inola supper is ready, you look excited, what's happening?"  Mom knows me too well.

"We'll have a zoom meeting with James and Beth at seven."

"Then we better get going, we don't want to eat cold food after the meeting."

"Hey, Mom I will need some photos to upload onto your gallery, do you think you will be able to take about ten photos of your best plants tomorrow?"  I asked while I'm dishing some lasagna onto my plate.

"I'm sure I have ten plants that are about ready for the market, I'll take the photos tomorrow,"  Mom said with a big smile, she is really proud of her plants, and it's nice to work on a project together.  It brought us closer to each other.

"You are quite busy during the lock-down, I thought I would see more of you since I'm working from home," Dad said with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm sorry Dad, I"ve got a lot of schoolwork and I try to spend at least two hours in the afternoons on our website, I mean the one I'm building for Mom."

"Okay, I'm also busy with my job, but I seem to have enough time to do some of those long-overdue repairs inside and around the house," he smiled.

"I'm just glad none of you are too busy to have an afternoon cup of tea with me," Granny smiled.

"Oh, we can't miss those Granny!  I laughed.  "We love you too much."