The Letter Part 19

"Hey, how are you doing today?"  Beth asked when I opened the door for her.

"I'm good and you?"

"My day went pretty normal for a Monday, except for Samuel, one of my wheelchair boys who complained of back pain.  I wish I can do something for him.   How does your laptop tray work for you?"

"It's working perfectly.  I can't imagine myself being without it, it really spoiled me."

"How can I bring my pupil's parents and Theo together to solve this problem for my scholars."

"I think we should write a letter to the parents to find out if they might be interested to buy the laptop tray from Theo, what do you think?"

"I think it's a good idea, especially if we add your photo to it, would you mind?"

"Not at all, it's for a good purpose, you want to help the kids,"  I said as I passed her, her tea and scone."

"How do we get the photo from Theo?"

"I've got his number, I can message him."  I started to message without a second thought.

"Sure, how are you doing?"  He sent the message with the photo.

"Great, thanks, and you?  Thanks for the photo."

"I'm good thanks, just busy with laptop trays, my tutor advised me to make as many as quickly as I can.  He said as the word spread there will be a big demand for it.  Thank you for giving me this opportunity."

"What's wrong, why are you frowning like that?  He can't refuse to send you the photo, did he?"  Beth asked with concern written all over her face.

"No, he sent the photo, but he sent me a really strange message.  Let me show you.  I'm the one that needs to be thankful, not him."

"You really don't understand, by giving your consent that evening for him to measure your wheelchair you inspired him to make the first tray.  You might not realize it but you are one special girl.  What do you say, will you draft a letter for me for the parents?"

"Of course I will it will be ready for you to pick it up tomorrow afternoon."

"That will be nice, then I can show it to the headmaster for consent and make the copies.  If I can send it out tomorrow we might have some good news for Theo by the weekend."  I couldn't help but smile at her excitement.

I sent a message back to Theo:  "I'm the one that should be thankful.  Keep up the good work."

"I like that smile, you are really into him and I can't blame you.  He really is a kind and caring guy,"  Beth said as she watched me sending the message.

"Don't rub it in, you know he will never be interested in me as a girlfriend, he has Kim."

"Never say never, you'll never know what can happen and even so, he makes a nice friend."

"Maybe I should go for that and try to befriend Kim too, that will make it easier for him too, won't it?"

"Yes I think it would, I better go, don't forget about the letter."

"Trust me, I won't, see you tomorrow." I waved her goodbye as I opened the door for her.