Landing Page Part 49

"Back to business," I declared after tea and met Theo's smiling eyes.  We moved back to my laptop and I locked into the editor.  "Here we are, let's do it, I used this template before, maybe I should take a photo of you for your landing page."

"I'll prefer the one you use on the forms, it's already my emblem, and most of our clients will recognize it immediately.  Most of all it's precious for me."  I felt the warmth spreading through my veins and was glad we sit next to each other and he couldn't see my face, while I upload the photo.

"Inola, it looks perfect, I love to see you in that yellow dress."

"Thank you, which of these fonts would you like?"  I asked quickly to hide my excitement.

"That one is perfect, shall I type in the correct details?"

"Yes please, and here is a space to welcome your clients and tell them about yourself and your goals,"  I was glad to leave some of those intricacies in his experienced hands, for I'm not trusting my own hands at this moment.

Besides, it's much more fun to watch his big hands moving confidently over the keyboard.

"This looks cool, I can't believe we did it, are we done with the home page?  Do you like that part?"  He showed with his finger to the part where he wrote that a handsome young lady in a wheelchair inspired him to take the first step and make a tray for her wheelchair.  This was where he started and his goal is to help as many people as possible to own one of the wheelchair trays to improve their quality of life. He added that he is lucky enough to have this lady by his side to inspire him to reach his goal.

I sat there humbled by his words and what they meant.  I looked up and caught his eyes on me:  "I meant every word I wrote, I'm privileged to have you in my life, and I'm never going to let go of you."

"Thank you, I'm the privileged one here," he squeezed my hand and kissed me on my cheek.

"Dinner is ready, Inola can you take your stuff to your room?  I want to lay the table." Once again she caught my red face and smiled.

"Let me help you, I'll take this," and he took my laptop with its tray while I gathered my notes and leading the way I wheeled to my room.

"Wow!  This is how you manage, who did all these railings for you?"

"My dad, he always put a lot of effort in to make things comfortable for me."

"Crafty job, I would like to build our own house and do a lot of things different to make it easier for  you, for instance, lower worktops in the kitchen."

"Awe, and there go my dreams of you cooking for us," I joked.

"We are going to do it together, can you even do stuff in the kitchen with the high working tops?"

"My mom was so clever to add a small table, that enabled me to make tea, roll out the cookie dough, and prepare vegetables when I helped her in the kitchen."

"We will work together on a plan for our little palace," he smiled and took my hand in his.  He kissed me gently on my mouth.  "Let's go, your mom is waiting."

"I know what is happening around the world, with this horrible coronavirus eating its way through so many nations with hundreds of thousands of deaths, but I sense something is going on in my own house and I'm not sure what it is. Why are you looking like a cat on a hot plate Theo?"  My dad asked with a frown on his forehead when we sat down for dinner.

"I asked Inola to be my girl and she answered "yes." Theo stumbled over the words rolling from his mouth, and I gave my dad the sweetest of smiles.

For a moment I thought we were in for big trouble, he just stared at us, then he answered cautiously:  "I'm glad for you, but take it easy, you both have a great future in front of you, don't mess it up.  Be kind to each other and keep up the good work, you are already making a positive change in this upside-down world," he smiled.  I guess this is where I should say: "Congratulations!  I wish you the best."

The relief and happiness that filled my heart brought tears to my eyes and my hand reached his hand under the table, I pressed his hand tightly to share my happiness.