What? Part 3

Mom took me shopping on Saturday.  We had some fun, she allowed me to try on as many dresses as I wished, I think it was about ten and it took about three hours.  I chose a nice blue dress with white polka dots and a soft yellow dress.  I couldn't resist the bright pink tank top that mom threw at the last minute.  I felt spoiled and happy to go with mom when she strolled through the shops to buy a few more items.

We had an early lunch at a small cafe consisting of nice warm blueberry muffins and coffee.  I really enjoyed the outing and thought of it as special mom and daughter bonding.  I wanted to suggest to her that we should do it more often.

We returned to the car to find that the car next to us was parked awkwardly near to our car.  Mom lowered the ramp for my wheelchair but there was not nearly enough space for my wheelchair to pass to get unto the ramp.  Mom had to move the car back into the way of the incoming traffic to allow me enough space to get my wheelchair on the ramp and get into the car.  

The inconsiderate owner of the other vehicle has in the meanwhile returned to his car with a scowl on his face.  Unfortunately for him, he had to wait until I was safely inside our car and for mom to drive out of his way before he could get out of his parking.

I hope it taught him a lesson to be careful about how he parks in the future when he parks next to disability parking.

I think I won't suggest that we do this bonding thing more often, it was awkward to see how stressed mom gets when people get annoyed when she blocked the traffic and all of that just because of an inconsiderate driver.

I love my clothes though and loved to wear them.  Dad and James took note and complimented me and the faint smile around mom's mouth made me feel slightly better.  I feel comfortable and well dressed when I wear my new pink tank top with my black tights and it became my favorite. However, it is easier to wear a dress when you are in a wheelchair and much cooler on the hot summer days.

I'm so glad Dad build a swimming pool when I was about eight, it gave me something to do when the summers are so hot.  James and I have a lot of fun with the dogs in the pool and it helps me to get some much-needed exercise for my stupid lazy legs.  It allows me at least to move around without all the effort when I have to use the wheelchair.

  I still have a lot to be thankful for, I have an amazing family who goes out of their way to keep me happy.  As mom always reminds me, we have to count our blessings.