Sisters Part 10

"Hey, how was your first day?"  Beth asked when I opened the door for her.

"So far, so good,"  I said smiling at her with the smell of warm pizza filling the air as she enters the house.

"Well we both seemed to survive it, so I thought we can celebrate with pizza."

"That's soo thoughtful of you, maybe I will be able to think of something else when these hunger pains are satisfied.  I'll make us some tea."

"You are well organized, I like it,"  Beth said making a movement with her head towards the table with the kettle and tea.

"Yes, that's mom, always so thoughtful and I learned a few new maneuvers", I said taking the mugs from the cupboards.

"Clever girl," she laughed, taking a piece of pizza and bite into it.

"How was your day?" I asked while I was brewing the tea.

"Well, I have a new class and the same problems with the shy little ones, I'll have to do it all over again.  I need a few new songs to teach them."

"Whatever you teach them will be good, but make sure you teach them The Maori love song.  That was my favorite in that awesome play and I hope you're going to do it again this year."

"Early days girl, I'm not going to try my luck this early in the year, but I will bring it up when we do year planning.  It is an easy way to boost confidence and so rewarding."

"I can just imagine.  Did you see Anthea today?"

"No, I didn't, but I heard her mom send her to another school, I hope and pray that she will do well.  What have you done today?"

"I Finished my roster for the next three weeks and started to work on an English essay that I have to submit on Friday."

"Hmm, you don't seem to be very excited.  What's the problem?"

"The topic is the pros and cons of homeschooling, I did some research on the homeschooling website, that was suggested by mom, but I still have difficulty to get my head around it."

"I see, what about that special Inola personal touch, you can own it.  Start by acknowledging the pros and cons they listed and discuss your fears and how you overcome them.  Don't forget to mention that at the end of the day you still have time to start the novel that you were aching to write and you are planning to write the first five-hundred words today."

"You're joking, aren't you?"

"No I'm serious, you need to save yourself two hours of the day to do something that you really enjoy, that will keep you sane.  You don't need to be hard on yourself.  You can rather write five-hundred words and enjoy writing it, than writing an essay that you force yourself to do today.  Sleepover it and you might even enjoy it tomorrow."

"I think you have a valid point, I'm going to follow your advice.  What are you going to do this afternoon?"

"Oh, I have to look for a few new songs and I think I should get a box to paint black for a mini blackboard.  I think I better get going, thanks for the tea."

"Thanks for the pizza it was delicious."