His Website Part 47

"I can make it for two fifteen on Monday afternoon if it suits you," his message reached me before I reached home.  My mom noticed my excitement and asked cautiously:

"Was that message from Theo?"

"Yes, he wants to come over on Monday afternoon to work on his website, will that be okay?"

"Of course, you worked so hard for this day, and now it's going to pay off, you deserve it," her smile made me realize that she knew more than she gave away.  Are there things about us that our mothers know without even talking about it?

I've been watching the street from the dining room window for at least ten minutes.   He stopped in front of the house fourteen minutes past two.  I wheeled myself to the front door to welcome him, unsure about how it may turn out.

"I hope you don't mind working here in the dining room,"  I said after I welcomed him inside.

He smiled his adorable smile and said: "It's nice and spacious here, I can't think of a better place."  I found it hard to stay calm and took my laptop tray and fixed it onto my wheelchair.  A few minutes later I shoved the laptop over to him:  "This is your contract with the hosting company, you can file your details here and decide on the term.  You have to choose a domain name, have you think about it?"

He seemed to be confused and I wish I could help.  Then the thought struck me: "What about Theo's Inventions, you can make the URL theosinventions.com if you wish."

"That sounds great, thank you.  I never thought it through."

"With that part done, we can have some tea while it propagates."

His eyes met mine and he shakes his head saying: "You are an amazing girl."

Anger rose in me and before I could help myself I spat it out: "Not amazing enough to fall in love with."  I wheeled myself forward to put the kettle on, but a force greater than me stopped my wheelchair and spun it around.

"Inola!  Look at me."  I raised my eyes to meet his and the hurt in it broke down all my resistance.  "It was a very cruel misunderstanding, I am going to try to explain it to you.  Please be patient and listen to me."  I nodded.

"At that stage, Lyla did not know, but Kim kept telling me that you and I have feelings for each other and that I'm wasting her time.  What I meant that day, was that I realized at that moment that Kim was right. I'm so sorry I have hurt you, Kim and I broke up, she is seeing somebody else."

I sat speechlessly, was I dreaming, did he say that he realized that he has feelings for me?  This is too much to comprehend, what am I suppose to say?  Is he waiting for me to say something?

"I'm so sorry, do you think you can find it in your heart to forgive me?"

"Have you thought this through, will you be able to cope with me like this?  I'm in a wheelchair, you are an attractive young man, you can do so much better."  All the explanations that bubbled up inside of me for the past weeks streamed over my lips like a waterfall and I completely lost control over it. What's wrong with me?