Scary Part 6

Saturday morning came with a lot of excitement.  I'm going to visit Lyla for the first time.

"Hey, welcome to our place!"  Lyla called when she opened the door.

"Hi, Lyla, is your mom at home?" Mom asked behind me.

"Yes, here she comes, please come inside and have some tea with us," Lyla said with a welcoming smile.

"That will be nice."  Mom said as Lyla's mom led us into the lounge.

"Lyla made us a nice pot of tea and here are some biscuits too,"  she said with a big smile.

"Let me show you my room,"  Lyla said, leading the way.

"I love your color scheme, the soft green walls with the peach embellishments give a welcoming and relaxing feeling."

"Thank you, my mom helped me but I chose the colors, it's homely and relaxing.  What do you want to do, shall we play some games?"

"I'm not good at games, the ones James used to play were too brutal for me, all about guns and fast cars, not my scene."

"Neither mine, talking about guns,  I had a weird experience a few days ago and I couldn't tell anyone about it, because they might laugh at me."

"What, nothing bad happened to you, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm good though I was sitting at the bus stop on my way back from the library when three boys came standing next to me.  They took cigarettes and lighters out and lit their cigarettes while one said:  "I know where we can find some guns."  They had kind of a bad and don't care attitude and I froze, were they planning a robbery or a murder?  They were only teenagers."

"You must have been terrified."

"I was, then a girl walked past them and one of the guys made a sing-song of her name, she seemed to ignore him, but when she was a few meters away she made a sign behind her back just before she entered the office of the railway station.  The guy seemed uneasy about it, but his friends started talking again and they laughed.  The next moment the girl came back from the office and the guy stopped her.  I thought he was going to make some trouble, but he asked her in a serious almost concerned way why she gave him that sign.  She answered him truthfully that he was humiliating her in front of his friends and she didn't like it at all."

"Good for her, what did he do?"

"He said he was sorry and he didn't mean to humiliate her.  She smiled and gave him a hug before she left.  I think in a way she made him feel inferior.   Lucky for me my bus stopped in front of me and I could leave the scene without them noticing me."

"Lucky escape for you, what do you think they were up to?"

"I don't know, maybe they talked in codes or was just trying to get some attention.  I didn't hear of any robberies or murders in town and I could hardly tell the police about it, I don't know them or even their names."

"I see what you mean, it is kind of awkward and he can't be too bad since he told the girl he was sorry."

"It's just scary to hear young people talking like that.  Would you like to watch a movie, here are a few of my favorites, you can choose."

"I love Anne of Green gables, can we watch it?"

"Of course we can, I love it too."