20 - Gaara's Curiosity

Quick A/N - If you don't care about what Gaara asks his sibilings and Shukaku then go to the next chapter or just don't read it.

Gaara's pov

I got to where I was staying with my siblings and looked around for them. I saw them both in the kitchen, eating.

Narrator's pov

Temari and Kankuro noticed Gaara and immediately had a look of fear on their faces. "H-Hello Gaara, w-we ate just eating. W-We could go if you w-want." Temari said with her voice trembling. Gaara stared at them both before he remembered something that Shinigami told him.

'You should try being nice to your siblings, I'm sure that they're only trying to help you. They're probably scared cause you give them a death glare and say you'll kill them. That's not something a normal person does on a daily basis. If you don't want to them to be scared of you and you can't think of a reason how, just think of something that you enjoy or something that can make you smile. So you'll reflect that emotion and show it to them. Make them feel happy by your presence.'

As Gaara stood there staring at them, he thought about Shinigami and his expression softened a bit. Temari and Kankuro noticed and looked at eachother a bit confused. Gaara slowly walked towards them and they tensed up. He sat down next to Kankuro and looked at them both. "Can I ask you both something? I need help in understanding something." He asked. Kankuro and Temari looked at each other clearly confused. "W-What do you n-need help with Gaara?" Temari asked him. He looked over at them before looking down in front of him. He put his hand over where his heart is. "Right here, it feels weird when I'm around a certain person...and my face starts to heat up...do you have any idea to why that happens to me?" He asked them as he looked back up at them.

Temari thought for a bit before she realized something. "W-Well Gaara. Do you ever feel your heart beat faster around the person? Or your stomach feels a bit weird but it's a nice feeling?" She asked him.

He thought for a bit and nodded slowly. "Yes, but only when she held my hand." He said to her. "Well Gaara, you have what is called a crush." Kankuro said. Temari shook her head. "No, I think it's something more." She said happily. Gaara looked at them confused.

"What is it?" He asked. Temari was smiling and was gonna say it until she closed her mouth. She was scared of how he would react if she told him it was love. She knew that he thought he only needed to love himself so she was scared for how he'd react. He stared at her waiting for a response. She took a deep breath. "W-Well I think that you might...l-love her." She said to her.

His expression darkened before it softened again. He looked away from them and to the ground. He thought if it was possible for him to even love her. He figured that if Shukaku would except it, then he would except it too. Gaara stared to realize that he did love Shinigami but would ignore his feelings if Shukaku said that he shouldn't.

They were both shocked and wanted to know who this person was. They wanted to know how they had him care for them so much and if they cared for him as much.

He sighed and looked at both Temari and Kankuro. "...Maybe." He mumbled before he felt hod face heat up again. He was thinking of Shinigami. He didn't think someone like her could ever like him as more then a friend. "It wouldn't matter though, no one could ever like me in that way." He mumbled not thinking that they would hear him. But they did. They looked at each other before looking at Gaara.

Before they could say anything Gaara stood up and walked towards the door to leave. "Thank you, both of you." He said before leaving.

Time Skip

Gaara's pov

( The bold us when Shukaku is talking )

I was on the top of a random building and saw that the sun already went down and the moon was slowly rising. I laid down and closed my eyes as I went into my conscious to talk to Shukaku.

As I opened my eyes I saw Shukaku in front of me. "Hello again Shukaku." I said and he looked down at me.

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to ask you something."

"Well, what is it? I don't have all day?"

"And what else could you possibly be doing?"

"....just say what you wanted to ask me..." He mumbled seeming a bit annoyed or mad.

"I wanted to ask, why did you let Shinigami near me?" I asked.

"...Curiosity."

"Why were you curious?"

"To why she would want to be around you knowing that you have me in you."

"..."

"Why are you so quiet now?"

"Do you think it's bad that I... That I might love her?" I mumbled.

He started laughing and I looked up at him.

"That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from you. Of course it's bad. It's stupid and we both know you'll end up just like when your uncle died. The only difference is that he always hated you, but who knows you might also end up killing her." He said as he continued to laugh.

I looked down and felt a pain in my chest...a lot of pain. "Alright then...good bye Shukaku. That's all I had to ask." I said before closing my eyes and leaving my conscious.

I opened my eyes to see the sky was dark and the moon was fully up now. My chest was hurting. Before it was a nice feeling but now...it hurts. My eyes felt watery, I knew what it was. The last time it happend was a long time ago. I slowly started to cry. I started to cry as the pain got worse.

I should've known he would've been like this. But as I said before, I will have to ignore my feelings and hope that I can at least keep her as a friend.

I looked up at the night sky and decided I would just stay there and cry on for the rest of the night.

Shinigami's pov

As I got home I found Naruto and before I could even say anything he dragged me back out. "Hey, Naru what are you doing? I just got back." I said confused. "Your buying me ramen." He said as he juror dragging me. I sighed. "Fine, but only one bowl." I mumbled as I got out of his grasp and walked beside him. He yelled in joy as he started to run there. I ran as well so I could get there quickly. Once we were there we ordered our ramen and ate. We talked for a bit until we were finished and left the store. We walked home and got ready to go to bed since the second part of the exams were tomorrow. "Goodnight Naru."
"Goodnight Shini." He said before I heard light snores. I saw Advika lay next to me and I smiled. "Goodnight to you too." She made a small noise before curling up and falling asleep.

I laid down and closed my eyes slowly fading asleep.

A/N - I'm sorry for the wait but I'll try to get the next chapter out by Christmas but no promises. If you enjoyed this chapter please vote on it. I hoped you enjoyed and until next time readers.