27 - Dinner and a Surprise Guest

Shinigami's pov

I got what I need to take a shower and walked to the bathroom. I turned the water on and started to take a shower. I decided to wash my hair as well. After I washed my hair and finished my shower, I changed into a pair of black shorts with a white shirt that had my clan symbol on it. I left the bathroom and walked back into the room. "So do you guys want rice balls for dinner and maybe I could find something else to go with it." Advika nodded fast. 'Yes please!' I hear Sora say. I nodded and leave to the kitchen.

I look to see if I can find something to go with rice balls but instead I end up finding nothing. "Damn, I should go food shopping." I mumbled before sighing. I went back to my room and went to check how much money I had left. I had enough money to buy some food and looked at Advika and Sora. "Well, do you guys wanna come with me to the store? There's actually nothing to cook here so I'm gonna buy some groceries." I said to them. Advika tilted her head which I took as a yes. 'Yes please!' She said happily. I smiled and decided to keep what I had on. It was a black shirt with my clan symbol on the back of it. I had on my orange shorts and I picked up my shoes. I put my shoes on and looked at them. "Let's go guys." I said as I got my wallet and put in my pocket. I stood up and felt Advika land on my shoulder. I left my hair down instead of putting it in two ponytails. "Maybe after we eat, we could find somewhere to train a bit." I said as I walked out of the apartment and towards where the store was. 

As I was walking I looked up and saw the moon was almost full. I smiled up at it. When I got to the store I started to get things for me cook with. 'Me and Naruto really should be eating more healthy things.' I thought to myself. As I thought of that, Kushina, my mom came to mind. 'I wonder if she said something different, since I'm here.' I sighed and continued to shop.
-Water
-Milk
-Rice
-Seasoning (We can't have no bland food)
-Chicken
-Beef
-Pork
-Fruits
-Vegetables
-Bread
-Sea Food (mostly fish)
Seaweed

"I think that's all I need now, do you guys want anything extra?" I asked as I looked at them. 'Nope.' I heard Sora say. Advika seemed to understand me and shook her head. I smiled and went to pay for my things.

As I paid for the groceries, the person at the counter gave me a certain look. It was that look. The look of disgust. I did my best to ignore her as she scanned my items abd told me the total. "Thank you." I said after I got my items. "Just leave freak."

I heard them mumble as I left the store. I sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry Naruto. I didn't mean to leave you for so long." I mumbled. I hated that I let him go through this pain alone. If I was here things would've been differnt. I looked up and to my suprise I saw Gaara. "O-Oh hey Gaara. Sorry you startled me a bit, I didn't know you were there." I said to him as I smiled a bit. He looked down at the bags in my hand. "Would you like some assistance?" He asked me.

I blushed a bit. "U-Uh, well I don't wanna trouble you, I'm fine really." I said to him. "I insist." He said again. I sighed. "Alright then." I saod before sighing. He took some of the bags. "Come, I'll show you where I live and maybe I could make you dinner as a thank you." I said as I started to walk, him following me.

"That's alright it isn't needed." He said to me. I shrugged. "So? The more the merrier. I don't mind. I like being around you Gaara." I said smiling. "I don't want you to waist your time and effort to make something for me. There's no point." He mumbled. I stopped walking and turned to look at him. "Don't ever say that about yourself again." I said with a defensive tone.

He looked at me shocked before his face went back to his neutral expression. "Why do you care so much?" He asked me. I stared at him. "I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough." I said quietly before I turned back around. I continued to walk but felt hus hand on my shoulder, which made me stop. I looked at him.

"When is soon?" He asked me. "When I feel like the time is right." I said to him. I took his hand and held it. "Let's get to my house now so we could eat." I said smiling as I started to walk to my house again. He followed and held my hand as well. We walked back to my house and I opened the door. I was happy that it wasn't really messy inside knowing how Naruto is. I put the light on and put the groceries on the table.

Gaara looked around before looking at me. "Do you live by yourself?" He asked me. I shook my head. "I live here with my brother, but he's in the hospital right now cause he over worked himself." I said to him as I started to take out what I bought and put them into the cabinets, fridge and freezer. Or at least I tried to open the cabinets and it ended up not happening since I'm to short. I saw sand take the things I was trying to put into the cabinet and the sand put it in there for me. I turned to Gaara. "Thanks." I said happily. He nodded a bit.

'I'll make us some rice balls with some chicken and shrimp teriyaki.' I thought to myself. "Just to warn you Gaara, I'm not the best cook." I said as I took what I needed out and started to cook.

"Do you need any help?" I heard Gaara ask me. I smiled and blushed a bit. "Uh, you don't have to, but you could if you'd like." I said to him. He stood next to me. "What should I do?" He asked me. "Do you know how to make salad?" I asked him. He nodded and went to the fridge taking the needed things out. I gave him a bowl and a knife. "Let me know when you're finished." I told him. He nodded.

I went back to what I was doing and was almost finished. I let the rice, chicken and shrimp cook. I looked over at Gaara and he looked like he was almost finished. He must've felt my stare since he looked over at me. I blushed and looked away. "Are you alright Shinigami?" He asked me. I looked towards him to find him right in front of me. My eyes widened and I tried to back up but I hit the counter. "Your face is all red," he put his hand on my forehead, "and your face is hot."

"I-I'm fine, b-but thank you for w-worry." I said to him. He moved his hand away and finished making the salad. I put wo plates down and a small bowl. When the food was ready I puy them on the plates and some in the bowl. "What's the bowl for?" He asked. "It's for Advika. I need to feed her too." I said smiling. "Advika, Sora come your food." I said. I saw Advika fly into the room and she stood on the table. Sora did the same and landed on Gaara's head. 'Who is this?'
"That's Gaara, Gaara that is Sora my summoning animal." I said to him. He looked suprised that she was able to touch him.

I sat down and so did Gaara. I put my hands together. "Thank you for the food." I said before I started to eat. Gaara did the same and started to eat as well. We ate in a comfortable silence. I gave Sora some food and she ate as well. When we finished eating I smiled and looked at Gaara. He was already looking at me. "Thank you for the food, no ones dine something nice like that for me...in a very long time." He said quietly.

I smiled. "Of course Gaara, anytime." I said happily. "Well, I wouldn't wanna bother you any longer." He said as he stood up. "You'll never bother me Gaara." I said as I stood up and took both of our plates. "Thank you for the food, and letting me eat with you." He said quietly.

I smiled. "No problem, you can come over anytime." I said to him happily. I put the dishes in the sink and walked him to the door. "Goodbye, Gaara. Have a good night." He smiled slightly. "Goodbye Shinigami." He disappeared into sand and drifted off into the breeze. I smiled.

A/N I hope you enjoyed that chapter. I'll try to have one out by tomorrow. If you did enjoy the chapter then please vote on it. Goodbye readers.