16 - My new friend, oh and we're here.

A/N- I might've gotten the words and a bit of a scene wrong later in the chapter buuut yeah, I'm too lazy to go back and find the episode. So updates will be pretty slow cause school has started again. Anyways, enjoy.

Shinigami's pov

So, it's now our last day for walking and we should reach the leaf village by around noon. "Well, we should reach the leaf village soon." Yamato said. I smiled brightly as I thought about Ichiraku's Ramen. I smiled happily. Shizuka and I already finished reading Icha Icha paradise. I actually wanted to keep it. Which meant I would have to avoid Kakashi for awhile.

I began to talk about ramen to Shizuka. She looked like she didn't really care but listened anyways. I think I made it clear that I love Ramen to the sand siblings. It's true though, it's one of my weaknesses. Not as much as a weakness of Naruto though. Naruto cares about ramen a lot more then I do.

Anyways, I couldn't wait to get back to the village and go to Ichiraku's with Naruto. That would be fun. We were all just walking when I started to think about what happened with me and Gaara. 'I hope that he at least sees me as his friend. I how that we could both be friends and if I'm lucky maybe eventually-'

I got snapped out of thought as noticed someone was starting at me. I know it wasn't Momoku since she doesn't really look at people when she speaks to them. She doesn't see the point of looking at someone when they're talking since she can't even see them.

Anyways, I don't think it's Shizuka or Yamato since they're both in front of me. I look over to see Kankuro and Temari arguing, nothing new there. I look behind me and see Gaara staring at me, or at least he was. He seemed to look away from me as I caught him. I smiled a bit and slowed my walking until I was next to him.

"Why are you next to me?" He asked. I tried so hard and prayed to the anime gods that I wasn't blushing. "Why were you staring at me?" I asked. He didn't answer. I sighed. "Well, I wanted to walk next to you. You are my friend after all." I said. He looked like he was trying too decide something. "I do not care about anything anyone will say. I will be and I am your friend." I said looking at him. He looked confused. "But, w-why?" "Because, Gaara. I'm a nice person and I know your different. You being different, or special makes you unique. The thing is, I know a few unique people, and each one is normal in my books. I'm sure you will be too." I smiled at him.

He looked at me. "But, I'm dangerous. So why care?" He said. "I know dangerous people. And I might be pretty short, but I'm dangerous too." I said quietly as I smiled. "I could defend myself." He looked at me but sighed. To my surprise he gave me a small almost unnoticeable smile. I blushed a bit but smiled back. "Thank you." He said quietly. I nodded. "No problem." I looked back in front of me to see Shizuka wiggling her eyebrows a bit with a smirk on her face. I stuck the middle finger up towards her.

I looked at Gaara and smiled. He let me walk with him, with no complaints. Advika came out of my bag and looked at Gaara. She wanted to go on his shoulder but remembered his sand. She put a hand close to him but pulled it away as the sand blocked her. She kept doing it since she was determined. I laughed a bit as she did a Gaara was confused of what she was doing.

"I think she wants to go on your shoulder." I said quietly. He looked at me for an answer but I just shrugged. "She's determined." I said smiling. He nodded and looked forward.  Advika looked at his shoulder and jumped across faster then I expected. She ended up on Gaara's shoulder. Garra looked surprised that she was able to get on his shoulder. I laughed a bit making Kankuro and Temari turn their heads. They looked beyond surprise as Advika tilted her head towards them. I giggled at their faces and smiled at Advika. She went on top of his head and sat there. Gaara he looked like he didn't mind to much. He glared at Temari and Kankuro making them turn back around. I shook my head and smiled at Gaara. As I looked forward again I saw that the gates was far ahead. I smiled and the thought of Ichiraku's ramen went into my mind. I started to day dream about it as we continued to walk. As we got to the gate I saw Izumo and Kotesu actually awake. The sand siblings showed their permissions and we split off from their. Advika flew off of his head and onto my shoulder. I waved him bye before leaving.

As we was walking, I saw Kakashi and he saw me. "Uh, maybe you guys should go to the Hokage tower without me. Bye." I said before running away from Kakashi fast. He chased after me and I thought that I should look for guy sensei. He should be able to distract him with a challenge or something. I had no clue where no find him but I would. 'Maybe...the training grounds? Yeah, I'll check there. Kakashi is gaining on me! Dang it. Where is GAI SENSEI!' I thought to myself.

I realized that Kakashi wasn't behind me anymore. I bumped into something and fell on the floor. "Ow..." I looked up and saw Kakashi. "My book please." He said as he gave his hand out. I rolled my eyes. "Just buy a new one." I said as I stood up. "I'm keeping this one weather you like it or not." I said. I quickly took the book out and held it. He was about to grab it until I put fire under it. "I'll light it up, don't think I won't." He glared at me and I glared back. "Either I keep or we both don't. And if I don't I'll start getting angry." I said as my hair started to float in ten pieces. His eyes widened, he probably started to think about Kushina. "So, what's it gonna be?" I asked. He sighed and went back to his neutral expression. He walked away and I smiled. My hair went back to normal and I put MY book back in my bag. Advika flew onto my shoulder from a tree and looked at me. "I'll meet you at home." I said. She said something before, picking up my bag. She flew in the direction of her and Naruto's apartment. I don't know how she held my bag...but alright.

I walked around and looked for Naruto. I saw Sakura, Naruto Moegi, Udon, Konohamaru, and to my surprise Riki was there. I walked towards them and I waved at Sakura. She smiled and was gonna wave until konohamaru said something. Riki agreed and I just shook my head. Sakura turned around and punched them both.

They both hit Kankuro making him pick them up by their shirts. I sighed and wanted it to play out a bit. As soon as he tripped naruto with his puppet jutsu, I walked towards them. Naruto looked at me and didn't want me to go near him but I smiled and gave him a thumbs up. He looked kinda confused. Him and Sakura looked at me like I was crazy, stupid or both as I walked towards Konkaru. I looked at him. "What are you doing?" I asked. He saw me and went kinda pale. He was gonna answer but a emo duck threw rocks at him before he could reply. He dropped Riki and Konohamaru and they moved away from him. Riki moved to me and Konohamaru moved to Naruto. Kankuro looked up at Sasuke with an angered expression. I looked at him with an annoyed expression.

"What do you think your doing in someone else village?" Sasuke asked as he was throwing and catching another rock in his hand. I swore I almost threw up in my mouth as I saw Sakura start to fan girl over Sasuke. After composing myself, I rolled my eyes. "Another little punk to ti-" Kankuro didn't finish because I punched him in the face. "You didn't answer my question. What do you think you your doing to my friends and my brother." I gave him a harsh glare as I said brother.

He started to freak out as he rubbed his face, but i would let Gaara handle that since he was right there. "Kankuro, stop that." He said. Everyone dramatically looked over their slowly as Sasuke was shocked he didn't notice him.

I smiled at Gaara. Kankuro quickly stood up. "Your an embarrassment to our village." He said. They all looked shocked, while the emo ducky was being all emo in his tree corner. "G-Garra." Kankuro said. He was probably so screwed but that's his problem. "Have you forgotten the reason we came all the way here." He said. I looked at Kankuro with a smug face. They kept talking and Gaara eventually came down from the tree with his sand. "Let's go, we didn't come here to play games." He said before he started to walk away.

Sakura asked them why they were their. "They're here for the chunnin exams. You know, the test for when genin become chunnin." I answer. I stopped listening to what they were saying before Sasuke came down from the tree.
"Hey you, what's your name?" He asked. Temari turned around and pointed wt herself. "M-Me?" She asked blushing. I couldn't help but face palm. "No. The one with the gourd next to you." He said. Gaara turned around. "I'm Gaara of the desert...I have an interest in you as well." He said. I smirked as I saw the pride all over Sasuke's face. "He is just a wandering emo duck." I said. He turned and glared at me as I shrugged. "Don't be mad at me. Be mad at the person who styled your hair to look like the butt of a duck." I said as I began to walk away. "I'll see you guys around." I said before walking towards Ichiraku's ramen.

I was hungry and that's the only thing my taste buds wanted right now. I slowly walked there with a smile on my face.

'Today was interesting, let's see how this week will be.'